11.3 cr with 10psi on 93 possible?

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
93 will work fine during break in if the timing is kept conservative. The engine should see small amounts of boost to help seat the rings too.....

MOTOWN M

Established Member
Your playing with fire! this whole not getting into boost thing yeah right , go E85 before you go tick tick.....BOOM!

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
I do agree with Motown after giving it some thought. You would be a lot safer just switching to E85. It would be very hard to control the amount of boost the engine sees when you have the urge to stomp on it lol. You do need to occasionally see some boost during break in period to help seat the rings though. Like 2-3 psi tops with your compression ratio during break in, but ask your tuner. I hope you have a good tuner lined up!!!! Should be a fun ride when completed, good luck man!

SuperMach1

Established Member
Lol believe me I have no problem keeping my foot off the throttle. Or at least till the engine is broken in. The procharger usually sees about 1-3 psi during regular driving but I'll be giving my tuner a call. Chris @ South Texas Performance tunes my car but my buddy who's working on it is good friends with Mike Murillo (street outlawz) and wants me to go with him.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The problem with taking it easy is then the rings don't seat correctly. They need pressure to seat correctly. I'd finish the E85 swap before driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread