11-14 strut mounts. Stock or something else.

01GTB

Established Member
Will be using The 11-14 koni struts. Street car with occasional drag strip runs. Use the stock mounts and call it a day, or go with Steeda or Ground Control mounts for some adjustability? Want to get my springs in ASAP.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I would get rid of the stock mounts. They are a 2 piece mount held together with grease and ball bearings. I'm still finding the occasional ball bearing when I sweep the garage

04snakie

Established Member
Heads up I tried reinstalling my mounts on the 14 the other day and they fell apart. Lol, I just went ahead and order mm caster/camber plates.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Not sure what's with all the issues with the stock strut mounts. Used mine again after lowering mine. As long as you're aware they're two piece you're fine.

86Fbody

Established Member
If your worried about them falling apart I would go Steeda or GC, I have read the GC are very good for the price. I wouldn't go with someone like MM if your worried about noise since they reuse the bottom of the stock mounts. Thought like 99 said, if your careful the stock mounts shouldn't cause you issues.

mark5pt0

Established Member
Not sure what's with all the issues with the stock strut mounts. Used mine again after lowering mine. As long as you're aware they're two piece you're fine.

A buddy of mine just installed Eibach springs on his 2013 CS/GT re-using the stock mounts with no issues. His car has only 10k miles, so maybe higher mileage mounts don't fare so well when being re-used?:shrug:

01GTB

Established Member
I guess a better question would be, if you could manage to get them out in one piece, would you just reuse those?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread