11-14 3.5 ecoboost intercooler upgrade?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Haven’t had any problems with my tune only 12 but gonna have to pull the intercooler to do the trans cooler lines, thinking about an aftermarket upgrade.

Anyone have thoughts on CVF, Wagner etc? Data on the cvf looks good and it’s about $250 under the Wagner.

Part of me says the stock one has run fine for 150k miles, leave it alone.

patc84

Established Member
Im waiting for cvf to release the 3.5 ecoboost intercooler for the explorer, they said a few months out.

CVF would be my rec.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have a CVF on my 2.7. No complaints on the fit and finish. If you go that route, take note of the size of the clamps they provide. They look the same at first glance, but they're different sizes. I mixed them up on the driver's side and blew the coupler off the intercooler side the first time I got into any boost.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a CVF on my 2.7. No complaints on the fit and finish. If you go that route, take note of the size of the clamps they provide. They look the same at first glance, but they're different sizes. I mixed them up on the driver's side and blew the coupler off the intercooler side the first time I got into any boost.
if I go that route I'll double check that, I know the early trucks had way different/bigger intercoolers.

If I go that route thinking I'll keep the stock unit then if/when I sell the truck I'll swap em back out and get some of my money back anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread