11:1 Compression with a turbo?

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
Hey guys i am thinking about going turbo in the future and am wondering if its possible with 11:1 compression. Engine is currently built for nitrous and has just about everything possible done to it but I am thinking with a turbo setup i would spool very quick and i could run low boost and when im on C16 I could turn it up a bit.

Is this possible or is it a ticking time bomb?

I have heard multiple opinions on the issue

itSSlow98

Established Member
I just built mine at 10:1. If you can do e85 or methanol injection you will be fine. Only thing id be concerned about would be the ring pack and them being compatible with boost especially when you turn it up. Also make sure you have head studs and a good MLS headgasket.

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
Im set there. Its gapped for nitrous.

Everything is studded, its a 5.0 stroker with the MMR redfire pistons, better rings, Daytona Prototype fr500 heads, built valvetrain, fr500 manifold with short runner only. Magnafuel fuel system.

Its basically ready for anything i just dont know if i could make the jump to E85 because the nearest station is 1.5 hrs away but i could get two 55 gallon drums. And meth injection is an option

SlowSVT

Established Member
an MMR stroker running 11:1 gulping C16 with a N2O on top :eek:

I know how this story ends :nonono:

You do realize with 11:1 that engine will be married to race fuel until you blow or rebuld the engine. 9-9.5:1 to be a more prudent approach and you can boost the car higher and pack more charge into the cylinder :rockon:

RussZTT

Established Member
I'd see if there was an option to run a thicker gasket to lower the comp to atleast 10.5. You would be constantly running race gas if you want to see any boost.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
If you run 93 and Meth, you'd be ok on low boost. Turn it up on C-16 and it will be good too. Compression isn't everything when it comes to spool but it helps. With your combo, it sounds like it will be spooling rather quickly anyway.

Good call on the gaskets. Cometic can make you a thick one for you.

redstanger

Established Member
im running 11.0:1 with 88mm turbo. i had similar setup with 8.8:1 last year. i havent tuned it yet or started it but should be running in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread