10th vert went in again for the vibration for Good

Fastford

Established Member
Well I drove the 10th vert in for the last time. I took the advisor for a ride and said dont call me till I have no vibe. so far we put new rear, new driveshafts X2, road force balanced tires, ect... ford has no Idea. I am going to drive the 2 other 03's they have on lot and see how they drive.. I am sick and tired of the vibe. Why do I have a 40K cobra that vibrates when I accelerate??? I have no idea what to do. :bash:

I removed every bolt on Sunday. They car is comletely stock even the paper filter. They are not going to blame it on anything but the design....Even the KB is in the box!!

So its back to the old 91 Tempo for now.:coolman:

Last edited:

Fastford

Established Member
I dont need a loaner..... I have a second car. I just want my car back with no vibe......

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I have it also and mine is a vert. I put mine away for winter and will start up in spring. Since I use mine for shows only I dont want to have it out in the snow like today. Do everthing I can to keep it perfect but have it serviced in the snow and salt. I dont think so.

rskdsk

Established Member
My Vert has been in for the vib 5-6times. I still have the vibe. I have had 13 different tires on the car, road force balanced, new drive shaft and still have the vib. The dealership told me that it is normal to have a convertible that vibes from 45-65 ... normal. Last week I replaced the rear tires because the passenger side wore bad. The inside was bald and the outside of the tire was still good ???? So now I have new contineials on the rear and I still have the vibe. The dealership has noted my concern on a bill, but they are not willing to do anything about it, and they will not take the car back. The only way this problem will be solved is with lawyers. I also have the stall and numerous other issues ... but those are very long stories.
SO JUST REMEMBER IT is NORMAL for a vert to vibe... at least if its a cobra vert.

i8u

Established Member
Hey Jason,

Have you tried an electronic vibration analyzer(EVA)?

Very cool piece of equipment that will isolate the vibration to certain area's of the car. As different parts spin at differet rpms....The vibration will emit a frequency that is measured and compared to your engine rpm/ tire diameter/ and gear ratios by the EVA.

You said it happen's when you accelerate? Not at a certain rpm/gear/speed?

I bet your car feels like a sled to you right now.

John

i8u

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread