10th anny, TF Turn-Eights on!

brianstrawberry

Established Member
Put a nice set of True Forged turn-eight wheels on this weekend and thought to share some pictures. Not the best camera but it works. Ive been wanting these wheels for a long time!

P8280295.

P8280300.JPG

P8280293.JPG

P8280291.JPG

Edit---(added due to below comments)
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. A little bit about my car/project:

It is lowered with Steeda's springs, but i am interested in bringing it down a touch more... i have some stock springs waiting at the house for the project, whenever i get around to it.

The car is in fact a 10th, which is the main reason I've wanted the wheels since I've found them. Shout out to BLACKVNM for his willingness to part with them! I bought it in 2006 with <7k miles and DD it for a year until i decided to buy an old Yota truck to DD and keep the miles low. Ive since bought a heavily modified VW (VRT) as a DD which has turned into an expensive idea.

Since the Cobras transformation into a weekend toy I've added a polished KB 2.8h and all the supporting hardware. It is currently making about 23# and running full time on a heavy torco mix with a killer chiller to keep the temps down. Output is approx 650/590...i think. I am not a racer so i don't have track times, i just like to look at it mainly and go fast every now and then. The car is probably babied more than it should be.

Apparently between the new wheels, the KB, a polished TF IC tank and a few pieces on the VW, polishing aluminum is my new hobby, lol. I am hopeful that the expensive zoop kit holds up.

Album of the VW to those interested:
http://picasaweb.google.com/brianstrawberry/MyRetta#

Cheers

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i love how they keep the 10th anniversary look but have a whole different level of class to them!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Those look fantastic! Are they anthracite centers, or black? Kinda hard to tell in the pics (at least for me). I had wanted those for a very long time, until the Chicanes finally won out. After seeing them again, though, now I almost wish I had gone with those. Oh well, maybe I'll be like Kevin, and just swap them out every season.:rollseyes:rolling: I would have to find a new residence before I tried that though!

Users who are viewing this thread