10th Anniversary Parts Removal

maverick0817

Established Member
So I bought a 10th anny cobra, not because I wanted one, but because it was a good deal.
Very soon, there won't be any of the special 10th anny stuff left on it.
I went to 18" saleens, just bought 2000 Cobra R brakes, contemplating buying Recaros, and I am probally gonna ditch the door inserts, because I honestly can't stand them. Has anyone else done this or am I just being blasphemous?

Wallace7666

Established Member
I got rid of my 10th wheels (hate them honestly) and all the red plastic stuff on the interior except the door inserts which I will be replacing with Carbon Driven red laced carbon fiber inserts when he starts producing them. My car is Torch Red so ill be keeping the seats because I like the way they match.

Coxy

Established Member
Can't blame you, why red interior parts is beyond me. Always thought the wheels looked good on most everything though.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Someday a new owner is going to be trying to track down the parts that were removed from the car.

Removing specialty parts is just fine... Mod away and enjoy your car the way you want to. Separating the parts from the car (selling) will be a headache in the future, whether your's or the new owner's.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I personally wasnt buying an 03 without it being a 10th anniversary. I love the red seats and the carbon fiber look. I've kept the theme going throughout the whole car. It's your car so do what you want. Hell my boys booster seat is even black and red to match. You can probably make some decent money selling all the 10th stuff to fund your new parts

oldmodman

Established Member
If there is any possible way for you to store all the removed parts, indoors and protected from light and weather you should do it.

The value of the parts is only going to go up. And the price for a used Cobra is higher if it has all the stock parts and is good cosmetic condition.

cj428mach

Established Member
If it was me I'd probably swap out the door inserts and keep the rest on the car.

I like the 10th wheel's especially when you do 10.5's out back.

cj428mach

Established Member
If it was me I'd probably swap out the door inserts and keep the rest on the car.

T0RCH3D

Established Member

Agreed, with my 10th I didn't want to mess with anything when I owned it. Kept the 10th parts on there and kept it clean, then sold it.

T0RCH3D

Established Member

Agreed, with my 10th I didn't want to mess with anything when I owned it. Kept the 10th parts on there and kept it clean, then sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread