10th Anniversary observation

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
I kept looking at the 10th anniversary Cobra at my local dealer's lot and was thinking it looked lower than my cars did when they were stock. So today I measured and compared it to other 03's on the lot and sure enough it sits lower. Not by much, about 1/2 inch in the rear and a 1/4 inch up front but still lower. Any of you 10th anniversay owners care to back this up.?

slam

Established Member
I was just up there yesterday and checked out the 10th anniversary myself, but I didn't even notice the ride height difference. Maybe I'll check it out again next week. That's interesting. It's not a bad looking car, but I really don't dig the wheels or colored door inserts.

roushraven: you have a PM.

Jason

SVT4ME

Established Member
I wasn't too impressed. This one I saw was the REDFIRE and I didn't like the seat inserts. Just not right for me.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
A Redfire Anniversary model? The red of the paint would clash terribly with the interior. That'd look like shit! Most other colors would look good though. Wish I could get one...

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
I wasn't too impressed. This one I saw was the REDFIRE and I didn't like the seat inserts. Just not right for me.

You must mean Torch Red. The Redfire is darker like the old laser red. I got the Torch Red because it matched the interior red. I don't like it in the other two colors at all.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by roushraven
I kept looking at the 10th anniversary Cobra at my local dealer's lot and was thinking it looked lower than my cars did when they were stock. So today I measured and compared it to other 03's on the lot and sure enough it sits lower. Not by much, about 1/2 inch in the rear and a 1/4 inch up front but still lower. Any of you 10th anniversay owners care to back this up.?

I don't know about backing it up. Never saw anyone claim it was lower than the rest. I could go measure. You want front valance to ground distance? Top of tire to fenderwell gaps? You let me know. I'll check.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by roushraven
Check the fenderwell to ground measurement.

Actually - you want to take comparative measurements from the center of the wheel to the fenderwell.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
It's 15.5" from the center of the center cap to the highest part of the fenderwell. It's 27.75" from the ground to the top of the fenderwell. Those are the FRONT. On the rear, it's 16" to top of fenderwell from center of centercap and 28.25" from ground to top of fenderwell. This car had no added weight (no stereo or people in it) and 375 miles on it. It is a coupe.

Last edited:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
You mean 27.25" in front? That's what mine is.

The rear on mine was an 1/8" higher than 28.25", it's got a half tank of gas.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Nope, checked again, and I was right on the front, however, on the back it is 15.75" from center of wheel and 28" from ground also on 1/2 tank of gas. I would assume even though the car was only built a month ago, the springs surely have settled by now. There is exactly a 3" gap from top of tire to fenderwell in front. Measure from anywhere else?

Domeskilla

Established Member
5 seconds from redaddiction if i dont stub my toe
not a good pic, but i dont think the interior looks bad at all..
Picture%20009.jpg

yes, they did look a little lower then the "regular" cobra.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
my 10th aniv vert is 28 for the rear and 27 1/2 front i thought it sat high compared to the others?

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I don't think there is a difference, but I do think the 10th looks like it sits higher.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well ford does already have 3 springs listed. I suppose they could have done anther.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Well ford does already have 3 springs listed. I suppose they could have done anther.

That would be the front springs, the rear coupe springs, and the rear vert springs.

They don't sit any lower. My car sits as low or lower in front than both of the cars measured here.

Users who are viewing this thread