10th aniv. guys- What have you done to your interiors?

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
anything do anything to their interiors with a tenth? I want to do something but im tyring to stay away from ruining the car...with the top of the shifter being brushed aluminum, I'm trying to stay away from chrome pieces..if you have pics or what do you have?

thanks

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Haven't done a damn thing to mine. It like to maybe find a brushed aluminum bezel that goes around the guage faces, but other than that I like the interior as is.

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I am with ya.. I haven't really done anything either.. I am playing with the gauge bezel idea, either brushed, or perhaps a carbon fiber overlay for the surrounding area, something lo-profile and matching the interior.. good question though, I will be subscribing to this one!!

stvdman

Established Member
Havent done ANYTHING either. I am considering replacing the door inserts to ones that match the rest of the door. Ill keep the red-ones just cause they were part of the package, I just dont like the way they look too much. Plus they get damaged easily, so Ill keep the originals in good shape.

Last edited:

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
I too would like a brushed aluminum guage bezel, that would be cool and match the shifter, Im thinking about the radio knob from MGW ..as far as carbon Fiber...I dont think it would match with the shifter boot and steering wheel..I also though about getting matching HVAC guages to match the instrument guages

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
um I should take some pics but I changed mine quite a bit. I got rid of the red door inserts (my cars black and it just didnt look right) I replaced them with regular midnight grey door inserts from a regular cobra.

Then I replaced all the switches and knobs with brushed billet (to match the shifter). I have billet floor mats, polished door sills, billet door handles, lock pins etc, and carbon fiber over ther cluster guage dash insert and center console.

so far most people thinks it looks pretty good and tasteful, its not overdown, just accented nicely.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I put a two tone wheelskin cover with red and black over the wheel. I think it looks sporty without going overboard. Thats about it except the Cobra belt straps in the rear for my daughter who loves the ride in general.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
can we get some pics of your steering wheel 03silver? I thought about getting red leather wrapped where the grey is on the steering wheel....

Buff..can we have some pics please? where did you get your brushed billet pieces from? everything I have seen has looked to shiny(chrome)

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I added a V1 with matching red lights!

JP

DBA

Established Member
The only thing i have done which i think looks real good is took a medium tip silver paint marker and went over the raised mustang letters on the passenger side, to the right of the raised srs letters and think it looks badass should have been done from the factory, it is not a messy or a hard process and took 7min, dries instantly, oh one more thing installed the upr ac silver colored plate over the stock black one to match the speedo color, not over the top in my opinion but not bad either, probably wouldn't spend the money if i had to do it again, but definetly paint the letters.......

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
that sounds cool about the letters, would you mind taking some pics DBA or telling us what the brand and waht marker it was? My g/f has a 6 banger (silver) and it would probably look cool in her car too..I'm just looking for little things such as what you have done to make it stand out (As if the seats and door panels dont already) w/o looking funny...I'm just not too big on some of the pieces made for the interior

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
k ill get some pictures together. I really had to hunt around to find stuff that wasnt too shiny. Mostly a combination of steeda, mgw, and upr. upr usually has selections for the pieces (shiny, chrome, brushed, etc) so a bunch of stuff came from there.

some special pieces from an odd ball website here and there but mostly from those listed above.

people usually dig the floormats (diamond plate with svt 10th anniversary logos on them) its great cause they dont wear out like carpeted floor mats. they also work just like the car, good traction in dry and slippery as hell when wet lol.

will try to get picks, been waiting on my new rims and tires and its been raining for days now in texas so the poor thing is filthy.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Snapped a couple of pix this evening. You'll have to go to my cardomain site I set up last year and never went back to, unless someone can give me a crash course in adding images. I just added 2 tonite at the bottom of the page. I'll mess around with it this weekend.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/463560

Wheelskin red/black. V1 on mirror with remote on steering column. Piece of cake to install. Forgot I changed the AC control face to white. Big mistake. Looks way off. haven't gotten around to changing it back. Got an EJECT button with the seat belt sign for x-mas from the wife so I put them in for kicks. The other pic is of my matching kids seat to the ann. seats and extinguisher mounted to the back of the center console.

Just this (Autometer bezel with gauges)...
cobra interiorsmall.jpg

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Originally posted by termin8tor
cobra interiorsmall.jpg

Not bad. Was it black stock. You got any #'s on this or is it the only one they make for 03/04.

JP

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
termin8tor

looks nice...how do you like the autometer bezel...can you see the guages when driving without having to look out of the way? I was planning on getting it along with the speedofsound A-pilar.

KOOY

Established Member
Originally posted by termin8tor
cobra interiorsmall.jpg

Nice man. Is this custom made or a aftermarket with th gauge holes on it when perchased? Really interested to know that...

Users who are viewing this thread