1034 RWHP Hellion twin turbo--base 55 mm turbos!

HELLION TURBO

Hey guys,

We made this pull a few weeks ago before the Bowling Green NMRA race. It is our 2015 GT with our base kit, 55mm turbos, stock automatic trans, E85 on 18 psi. We have seen these turbos make over 1100 in other applications. We can upgrade to Gen 2 64mm turbos as well if more power is desired.

[video=youtube;snQq-IhmuA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snQq-IhmuA0[/video]

Last edited:

bigjohns97

Established Member
I couldn't help notice that her 9.50 runs were letting off on the big end. 133-135 MPH? I see an 8 second ride pretty soon.

i saw this in the comments

"The converter slip was causing the computer to freak out and sending the car in to limp mode about 8 seconds in to the run. All of that stuff has been figured out and taken care of and the car has gotten turned up even more since this was shot."

bigjohns97

Established Member

chipmonk

Established Member
could you give a detailed mod list to make this power? Is it just off the shelf kit, fuel system, and a shortblock?

HELLION TURBO

could you give a detailed mod list to make this power? Is it just off the shelf kit, fuel system, and a shortblock?

Yes, everything is done with bolt on parts and a MMR 1500 short block. Stock heads and intake. We use a Fore innovations triple pump system with E85. The kit is 100 percent on the shelf.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Team Hellion

chipmonk

Established Member
Yes, everything is done with bolt on parts and a MMR 1500 short block. Stock heads and intake. We use a Fore innovations triple pump system with E85. The kit is 100 percent on the shelf.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Team Hellion

How is the drive train holding up? Trans and rear still stock?

HELLION TURBO

How is the drive train holding up? Trans and rear still stock?

We have the normal bolt on parts, DSS axles and driveshaft, and we use a Steeda "stop the hop" kit to tighten the rear up.

We have a Wave Trac diff, and it works amazingly well.

The trans has a shaft and clutches, but we have customers going 8's with bone stock units.

The turbo kit with control is the key to this ET, as we can program the boost curve to anything we want, and we can keep the launch smooth.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I'm guessing little to none. I have the twin 62's and they spool pretty fast. I was overly concerned that my 62's were going to be too laggy but they are absolutely amazing on the street and hit like the Millennium Falcon in a split second when you mash the go pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread