103 in a 65

tx3

Established Member
I have a question. I just received 2 tickets in Kankakee County, in Illinois. One was for going 103 in a 65 and another for illegal lane usage because I didnt signal when pulling over which i did. But i know this is wrong and what not. My record is clean. Havent had a ticket in 2 years. A lot of people said to get an attorney which I most likely am. Any other things I should try? Any input would be great! I know what I did was wrong. Heh a big reality check here.

Thank you.

sicfast

Established Member
you shouldnt be doing 100+ in a 65, quit the water works and man up to your actions. your lucky your not in jail.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I don't really think there's a "What can I do?"

1. Lawyer - hope he can get it pleaded down to....IDK....80 in a 65? $$$
2. Hope your insurance rates don't get jacked to high hell? $$$
3. Save some rainy day cash for this!

tx3

Established Member
Heh yah i got my lawyer.. ill be paying a lot for this. nothing i can do. my buddy was in the same position with a 106 in a 65.. he got his lowered to a 90 in a 65 and 350 fine and 40 hrs community service. didnt touch his record. so hopefully he can do the same for me.

Established Member
Damn I must be one lucky son-of-a bitch. About two years ago I got hit with a 110 in a 60. I was slowing down from around 140 and I guess thats why he only got me at 110. Plus I was racing a friend of mine. I thought for sure I was going to jail, have my car impounded, etc etc. I actually told my friend that was with me inside my car to bail me out, and I gave him my checkbook. Cop came up to my window....and I thought for sure he was going to rip me out of my car and tear me a new one...but to my utter suprise, he was very cool, very calm, and very courteous. He told me he got me at 110 in a 60, asked me if I knew the guy in the other car and then asked if there was any kind emergency. Of course I told him the truth about everything, he took my info and went back to his car. Came back with a simple speeding ticket a few minutes later. No reckless or anything. It was a $350 fine and I just paid it and put it behind me. But since that day I have changed my driving habits around a complete 180 degrees. No more racing, no more excessive speeding, no more being a dumbass behind the wheel. Now I'm just driving Miss. Daisy. It's just not worth it.

Anyways, sorry for the long post and the thread hijack. I don't want to preach anything to anyone, all I'm saying is just be careful out there man. Good luck!

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
TERMIN8TR said:
i would buy a really nice picture frame for the ticket and hang it in the garage

He should get a second, then take a picture of his license. He's going to need a reminder of what it looks like...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
fstsnk1 said:
you shouldnt be doing 100+ in a 65, quit the water works and man up to your actions. your lucky your not in jail.

dont act like youve never opened it up on the freeway...........

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
thomas91169 said:

No shit. My rental car was in my posession for 20 minutes before it was wound up over 100 yesterday.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
My 105 in 65 back in 1994 was only 270 bucks and no court appearance. I guess times have changed. Good luck.

tx3

Established Member
heh i talked to my lawyer who knows a prosecuting attorney in that county.. and he says he could get me traffic school and court supervision for a while.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
With most insurance companies, the only time the company runs an MVR is when you change your policy. It shouldn't affect your premium.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
thomas91169 said:
Does that mean he should ignore the advice? A tiny bit of wisdom would save this kid some money and other headaches. I am sure you will not there for economic relief, or are you offering to pay for his current and future legal bills? A nice man you are if that is the offer. If not, you seem to be encouraging costly behavior. I mean it is not you license or money at stake, is it?

Note to everyone one else. This man is NOT your friend!

Users who are viewing this thread