100mm Billet Flow Aux Idler going bad

K-Dubb

Established Member
100mm Billet Flow snub Idler going bad

Title should say Snub idler, not Aux.

My car makes a whiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrring type sound at idle, and when I rev. Turns out my 100mm idler pulley is the cause. What are my options for this? Just replace the pulley, or replace the bearing?

Last edited:

K-Dubb

Established Member
Probably just replace the pulley, atleast thats what I would do in your situation

That is what I was thinking. It has only been on the car for 7k miles or so. I wonder if the next will just do the same thing...

2003snake

Established Member
If you are lucky enough to be able to find a bearing place in a nearby industrial area - I replaced all my bearings for $13 a piece......obviously much cheaper than buying new pulleys!

K-Dubb

Established Member
Thats a good question; I really dont know. Someone could chime in. I didnt know it was snub, I read aux idler and just assumed that aux idler was one of the 3 down below.

Yeah I messed the title up. Sorry about that.

If you are lucky enough to be able to find a bearing place in a nearby industrial area - I replaced all my bearings for $13 a piece......obviously much cheaper than buying new pulleys!

I don't know of anywhere near me, but I will check.

03yellow

Established Member
Don't use the NTN bearing from Billet Flow,,,,, junk ,,, I went thru 2 sets of them. Using a "National" bearing from Orilleys; very good bearing, has lasted 2x longer than the other bearings. Still no issues. Careful Orilleys and NAPA sell the NTN bearing as well, don't use it they last under 10,000 miles.

Last edited:

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I got replacement bearings from napa. they were about 8 to 10.00 each. Mine had around 10K miles on them

mack83

Established Member
My snub idler billet flow one is all grooved up after only 3000-4000 kilometers. I'll be replacing all my idlers in the winter with the hard anodized metco ones. My 2 cents.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
My snub idler billet flow one is all grooved up after only 3000-4000 kilometers. I'll be replacing all my idlers in the winter with the hard anodized metco ones. My 2 cents.

what color idlers? I had the same issue with the clear idlers. Mine started around 8-10K miles. These are not hard anodized. I replaced mine with the hard anodized black (billetflow). I beleive all colors that billetflow does now are hard anodized except for the clear.

Montanasvt

Established Member
Don't use the NTN bearing from Billet Flow,,,,, junk ,,, I went thru 2 sets of them. Using a "National" bearing from Orilleys; very good bearing, has lasted 2x longer than the other bearings. Still no issues. Careful Orilleys and NAPA sell the NTN bearing as well, don't use it they last under 10,000 miles.

how hard is it to replace the bearing? What exactly do you have to do?

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I ate a few of those BF idlers and then went to the METCOs dual bearing idlers. They are hard coated were the belt rides and seem to be built stronger over all. (I dont need idlers for my new project and they are listed in the Terminator for sale) Mine were used on the BF bracked but I used a RR raceing adaptor that I had in a box.

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
I think if you send it back to them they will replace the bearing free of charge, only issue is down time. I am also thinking its 9 bucks just to send you a new bearing if you dont have the ability to have down time~

K-Dubb

Established Member
I think if you send it back to them they will replace the bearing free of charge, only issue is down time. I am also thinking its 9 bucks just to send you a new bearing if you dont have the ability to have down time~

You are correct. I called them today, and they told me to ship it to them. Just shipped it out. They said that was not normal (7k miles), but it seems we have a bunch of posts that say otherwise. We will see!

Users who are viewing this thread