100k Miles

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
As my 96 Cobra approaches 100k miles on the clock with a blown head gasket. I am curious as to how many miles are on everyone else's Cobras and what kind of mechanical problems have you had up to this point??

I'll start off with my car at 100k miles and nothing major up to this point save for a new battery after a deployment, the starter motor and now the head gasket.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
135,000 miles. New clutch, mufflers were rusted out, and I cleaned the IMRCs. No major problems. Hopefully it stays that way when I throw the 100 shot on it.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
oh yeah alternator, battery, and a coolant line. probably more i'm forgetting. rear brake line... list goes on- typical 130000k car i guess

btecdude

Established Member
255,000 miles before it died. Only parts replaced were the clutch, battery and now the engine. Would have gone longer but we let a family member use it for a while and i guess they thought putting oil in it when it was low wasn't necessary.

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
255,000 miles before it died. Only parts replaced were the clutch, battery and now the engine. Would have gone longer but we let a family member use it for a while and i guess they thought putting oil in it when it was low wasn't necessary.

Oil changes are important, who would've guessed?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
85k on the body and 8k on the motor...blew a plug threw the head on the previous owner, built it good tho when it blew, so i am happy, but so far exhaust lol alternator, plugs and plug wires and coil packs, also needed new wheel studs on the back but thats it, also has a new clutch in it...and tires!!!!!! seems as everyone here did a clutch and alternator lol

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
132k, i don't want to jinx myself but i've only rebuilt the back brake caliper and new battery. everything else was changed becuase i was bored.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
103,k here. waterpump and batt. damn window switches are going out though......

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
i've only had my '96 Mystic for about 30,000 miles but the odometer is at 167k. Previous owner did a clutch, I did a battery, alternator, rebuilt both of the power window regulators with a $10 kit from Autozone, replaced a bad fuel injector. Axle seal is in the works. This car has been pretty damn reliable.

909cobra

Established Member
125k and i just changed the dreaded heater core. and imrc controllers went out (cables broke) did the deletes. just found out you can get an emailed tune to turn of the controller. good bye check engine light!:banana:

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Blew a head gasket at around 100k, replaced brakes and rotors, rear swaybar broke, fog light crapped out. Somehow when i bought my car the AC vents were busted, no idea how you could do that. Think thats about it.

bobbys97r

Established Member
120K and Ive only had to replace things I wanted to replace

I had another 97 cobra a few years back and it had 205K on the clock when I sold it. I was still a very strong car.

Last edited:

SnkBit

Established Member
115K. I replaced the battery, alternator, starter (the solenoid broke off the side of the housing WTF), and the oil cooler. Think thats it.

Oh...my rear sway bar broke too. Myzticsnake's post reminded me of that one.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow, seems to be a lot of: alternator, starter, water pump.

Battery, brakes, clutch, plugs, wires, fluids, filters, etc. are maintenance items as I see it.

You guys that have had alternators, starters, and water pumps fail, was it an all the sudden kind of thing or gradual?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread