1000 hp burnout with 120fps go-pro

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Got some cool footage from the track this weekend. Put the Go Pro on a tripod and filmed a couple of burnouts at 120 fps, and also an interior shot showing the tach. Used the open back plate to the case so the sound came out awesome. Play at 480p.

[youtube_browser]RojFYpZsYbY[/youtube_browser]

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
Have you ever considered ditching the spray, destroking it, and possibly a bigger bore? May sound stupid to 99% of the people on this site but I wonder how much is left in it with more RPM

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Have you ever considered ditching the spray, destroking it, and possibly a bigger bore? May sound stupid to 99% of the people on this site but I wonder how much is left in it with more RPM

And running a custom dual dominator intake and run in the N/A classes, like Hot Street? Yep. But right now I just want to race. May do that in the future.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thats some bad ass video....how did you edit it? is it just part of the go pro thing? ( I dont have one, thats why I ask)

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Thats some bad ass video....how did you edit it? is it just part of the go pro thing? ( I dont have one, thats why I ask)

You can do it with any camera that can film with a higher frame rate. Normal frame rate is 30 fps. The Go Pro Hero3 Black edition can film at 720p @ 120 frames per second, and 480p at 240 frames per second.

Then, you go into your video editor, (for me that is IMovie on my Mac Book), go into clip adjustments, and slow it down to 30 fps.

So in this video, I filmed it at 720p @ 120fps. If the clip was 4 seconds long at 120 fps, now I can slow it down to a 16 second clip at 30 fps. Get it? At 30 fps the motion is still smooth, yet you can see more detail because you are looking at something 4X slower then it actually happened. Make sense?

I have only used the 240fps at the gun range, not at the track. Reason is the field of view is so wide, the camera would have to be really close to the car. At 720p, I can still crop the clip and retain some resolution--at 480 p I wouldn't want to crop at all, as that is really the minimum resolution you would want on youtube.

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Here is the only time I have used the 240 fps --- at the gun range though. Next time at the track I am going to have the wife set the camera really close to the car so I can use the 480p @ 240 fps without cropping.

The 240fps clips are at the beginning of this video, ignore the rest. What was interesting is the 240 fps could capture the flame coming out of the barrel, where the 120 fps could not. It was that quick.

[youtube_browser]WjqhU82xZ6E[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread