100 wet shot safe?

sbvert04

Established Member
I bought a nitrous oxide systems (I hate saying NOS) kit off a friend. It's the single fogger wet kit. Was just wondering if spraying 100 hp shot was ok... To much...? Also would I need to get a different tune? Right now i just switched back to the stock pulley and tune. Mods are really only JLT HB cai, off road x, and magnaflow cat back. New to the nitrous game and don't wanna have my motor go boom. Any help would be awesome and opinions are welcome. Thx

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I ran a 100 dry shot on my ported Eaton with a 2.95/4lb lower and LTs.
The car ran great and did mid 10s.
You will need a custom tune.

AaronK

Established Member
100 shot is fine. Just make sure you have a good tune. There's a few different ways to pull fuel also. Many people suggest that you pull fuel from the FRPS (they make an adapter block) or from the large fuel line towards the firewall... I'm sure there are pros and cons to all of these. The biggest key is the tune.

rudycobra

Established Member
Sorry if hijacking but just curious if u do get tuned for it how bad will car run without it if the nitrous tune is in ? For a street car I wouldn't b using nitrous all the time

Grimster

Established Member
From what I remember reading - with a wet shot you want to get a tune. with a dry shot people have had success anywhere from 25hp shot to 50hp shot if it is BEFORE the MAF so that the computer will add more fuel. Others say they have had no problem with a 50 shot DRY after the MAF without tuning.

Personally Id get a tune with whatever method you end up with. If you are REALLY concerned with costs, then maybe an email tune just for the nitrous would be handy? Id give Amazon or Bama a call and see what they recommend.

kachup

Established Member
ive tried asking question of nitrous here and no one has gave me a respond...

i installed a wet zex kit with a 100 shot everything is ready but im scare to spray because my car is not ported and i dont have any fuel mods its stock, some say i wont have any problem but i need a tune... in my opinion its better to tune the car, i rather spend 200 dollar on a tune than 8 grand rebuilding a motor... and dont go over a 125 shot

kachup

Established Member
by the way

buy this fuel adapter to extract fuel and you put a gauge to see fuel pressure if you want..

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nitrous-Express-16183-Billet-Adapter/dp/B004LF5JB0/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Mustang|688&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Ford|54&Year=2003|2003&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=003]Amazon.com: Nitrous Express 16183 Billet Fuel Rail Adapter for 1999 - 2004 for 4.6 / 5.4L 2V Ford Engine: Automotive[/ame]

sbvert04

Established Member
The kit has a fuel rail adapter that came with it so I don't have to drill or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread