100 Wet shot help

loosenut

Established Member
umm...ok here is my question. i drive a '02 GT and i installed the 100 WEt shot from NX. NX said that my car will handle the 150hp shot but i think that is BS i dont really want to pop this thing i havent ran it above the 50 shot so far no problems BUT i want to go to the 100hp setting as long as it wont make my rods and other important internals see the light of day

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
dont be afraid of the 100 shot. as long as you got good plugs and run 93 you should will be fine (gapped to .030-.035). But do like it says and dont use it down low (below 3500). And watch out for the rev limiter! When you hit the rev limiter the computer doesnt pull timing it pulls fuel (can you say bye bye motor). I run 150 shot with NGK irdiums, timing adjuster, window switch, and 100 octane. A good investment is the GEN2 kit it comes with bottle heater, purge valve, blow down tube, pressure gauge among other things. Best $350 I spent. One the street I keep it to a 100 shot. When I first tested the kit I only had the 50 shot and I was like "that's it" so we quickly went back to the house and swapper out for the 100 shot jets. First time I cracked into it I had a smile from ear to ear that lasted about an hour. Let's just say I quickly bought a second nitrous bottle......

loosenut

Established Member
:burn: << so i wont be like that? lol all we have here in hawaii is 92 no 93 out there (GAWD I HATE THIS PLACE,CAINT WAIT TO GO BACK HOME)so its 3500 rpm ok the book said around 2500 rpm ( id rather be safe than sorry ya know,lol). im using the WOT activation switch anyways. and u running a '96 does that have the same internals as my '02? the hyperpneumatic( WHAT EVER THE HELL ITS SPELLED,LOL)pistons or some crazy sheet like that just want to know if our engines can take the same abuse or are your internals built up, bottom end wise? thanx for the help in advance!

P.S.-my freind i work with( at aSUBARU DEALERSHIP, :xpl: ) wants to race me in his STi and i want to prove that my car aint a POS show him i can hang(at least on the juice,lol) i mean take away his turbo he's setting at a whopping 165hp,LAMO-take away my juice im at 274.4hp & 311.1 Trq.

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
you should be fine with 92 octane. Yes my car has the same internals as yours. At 2500 that is to low a rpm the gas in the mix might puddle and backfire. So I rather not take the chance and wait till at the very least 3500rpm. Oh yeah I wouldnt use it in fifth either. Make sure you get a rolling start with that guy because with the bottle on street tires you are going to spin. I like to crack into it at a rolling 4 grand in first (with BFG Drag's).

Good luck I hope you win!

loosenut

Established Member
i thank you very much for the info! But im alwasy looking for tips,advice to safely run this set up so any more info or advice would be welcome,lol. thanks again

loosenut

Established Member
i just noticed while looking at your pics it looks like we have different engines your to me looks like a 4v( i have a 2v) engine. so you still think that my engine can handle that 100 shot ok? or do i need to worry???? lol as i said before i just dont wanna pop this thing right off the bat.

harleytruck9144

Established Member
i would have gone with the ZEX smart kit, it eleminates all the problems that have been mentioned... it is not some system that has a WOT switch and a valve to turn the bottle on... this system has a whole brain which will almost for sure keep anything from happening to your engine... this system hooks up to the fuel pressure regulator and the throttle position sensor to make sure you are not spraying at the wrong time... but since you already bought your NX kit, i would say you should be safe as long as you are spraying about 3000-3500 rpm and honestly what i would do is get a diablosport delta chip with 2 programs, one for motor and one for bottle just to be safe on the A/F numbers! this is just one more way to keep detonation from happening and your engine from blowing. as long as you are getting enough fuel to consume that N2O, you should be fine, but the first time you hear detonation, get a tune!

~Stangzorized~

Established Member
Originally posted by loosenut
:burn: << so i wont be like that? lol all we have here in hawaii is 92 no 93 out there (GAWD I HATE THIS PLACE,CAINT WAIT TO GO BACK HOME)so its 3500 rpm ok the book said around 2500 rpm ( id rather be safe than sorry ya know,lol). im using the WOT activation switch anyways. and u running a '96 does that have the same internals as my '02? the hyperpneumatic( WHAT EVER THE HELL ITS SPELLED,LOL)pistons or some crazy sheet like that just want to know if our engines can take the same abuse or are your internals built up, bottom end wise? thanx for the help in advance!

P.S.-my freind i work with( at aSUBARU DEALERSHIP, :xpl: ) wants to race me in his STi and i want to prove that my car aint a POS show him i can hang(at least on the juice,lol) i mean take away his turbo he's setting at a whopping 165hp,LAMO-take away my juice im at 274.4hp & 311.1 Trq.

Take away your V8 and put a I4 in there... see how much HP you lose. kkthx.com/:coolman:

loosenut

Established Member
Originally posted by ~Stangzorized~
Take away your V8 and put a I4 in there... see how much HP you lose. kkthx.com/:coolman:

ummmm...its a flat 4 not I4, thats not the point we both have power adders, he has turbo, and i have nitrous, so take away those and well see the difference. not slamming 4 cyls,but ive always loved v8s over 4 cyls,thats all.

Aaron_T

Established Member
150 shot - a little much, but every once in a while like at the track shouldn't kill your motor (just ahve safety stuf like window switch etc....)

125 shot - a good safe "max".
50 shot - a nice gain, but compared to a 125 it's like night and day
Just make sure you get a new fuel pump (like a 255lhp)

loosenut

Established Member
ok, i got a prolem,lol. i was running the 50 shot for a while it was ok,but i wanted more,so i put in the 75 shot actually started running slower,but i wasnt spinning out. anywho,the thing is as we were double checking to see if i had the right jets in there, my freind noticed oil pooled up in the valve cover bolt holes, it was wet around the PCV back. is the nitrous actually creating so much pressure that it is blowing the Blow-By back to the PCV and out of the non-clamped hose?? nothing else was wrong even checked the bolts they were tight. please anyhelp would be cool, and remember im running a 4.6L Mod.

Users who are viewing this thread