10 spline or 26 spline?

Black-Venom

03 Venomus
Established Member
Hey guys I will be doing my clutch and everything that goes with it in the spring time but looking to get the parts now. I was wondering what is the better route to go 10 spline or 26?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if you're doing everything else anyway, might as well upgrade while you have it all apart!

ctgreddy

Established Member
I agree. if you're doing it in the spring that gives you plenty of time to save up for one, and they're not even that expensive. you can get a d&d unit thru there site for like 320. Also it must mean something with the big clutch companies pretty much only sell 26 spline. Like promotion and mcleod. I believe they all come naturally 26 and you have to call and special ask if you want 10.

Black-Venom

03 Venomus
Established Member
Ok yeah thats what I was thinking. I am looking into the spec 3+ 26 spline, from my research it seems to be a stiff clutch compared to the mcleods. I have driven mustangs with soft easier DD feeling clutches ad hate it.

SlowSVT

Established Member
A 10 spline vs a 26 spline input shaft for a Terminator which one to buy?

Is this a trick question?

Crusher9008

Established Member
i'm running a McLoud RXT twin Disc 10 spline currently and have been just fine.... Its not needed but if it makes you feel better then go ahead.

ctgreddy

Established Member
IMO a 26 input is really needed if you're doing any serious drag racing. if it's just a street car, and very few track runs, 10spline is more than likely fine at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread