10" rim - BF Goodrich KDW2

Jack Burton

Established Member
On a set of 03/04 10" cobra replica's, what is the widest tire I can run without rubbing. I plan on installing eibach race springs on the stock iso's when I have the tires done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comp281

Established Member
The replicas are usually 10.5 width. On my 18x10.5 AFS I had BFG 315/30/18. I had the low profile MM IRS bolts to buy a little extra clearance. You can grind down the factory ones a bit too if you'd prefer.

Jack Burton

Established Member
The replicas are usually 10.5 width. On my 18x10.5 AFS I had BFG 315/30/18. I had the low profile MM IRS bolts to buy a little extra clearance. You can grind down the factory ones a bit too if you'd prefer.

My bad, I meant 10.5". I'm not sure yet if I'm going to stay with 17" rims or go for 18". I was planning on getting the MM bolts just to be on the safe side.

Which website usually has the best deals on afs rims and shipping?

Jack Burton

Established Member

Also, did you have to roll your fenders? Were you lowered?

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
My bad, I meant 10.5". I'm not sure yet if I'm going to stay with 17" rims or go for 18". I was planning on getting the MM bolts just to be on the safe side.

Which website usually has the best deals on afs rims and shipping?

AFS, but good luck. They haven't had any for a while. And recently talked to them and they said it will be 3 or more months until they get more.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I ran 18 x 10.5 rears on my old car with 295-35 KDW II's without any issues. In my opinion the tire isn't quiet wide enough. I didn't have to do any mods but it was very close to needing the low profile IRS bolt.

FWIW, the KDW II is discontinued now.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Somebody just sold a set in the market section. He bought them and never put them on his car. You can probably still find them used.

Jack Burton

Established Member
An update to the post. Since the KDW II's are discontinued I'm going to go with pilot super sports on all four corners. On a car lowered on race springs, stock iso's, low pro IRS bolt, and 17"X 10.5" AFS replicas. What is the widest pilot super sport I can run without having to roll the fenders?

Jack Burton

Established Member
Somebody just sold a set in the market section. He bought them and never put them on his car. You can probably still find them used.

Too many horror stories pop up on here with people buying used things. I'm just going to buy them new, even if I have to wait.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
The pilot super sports only come in certain sizes. For 18" rims I think the only width is 295. They are made mainly for larger wheels. I am in the same dilemma. I am looking to buy some new tires and want something I can get more than 5K - 10K miles out of and yet still have some grip.

Users who are viewing this thread