10 pounds on a 96 Cobra

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm going to be replacing my belt some time soon and while replacing it I figured it would be a good time to change the supercharger pulley to a 10 pound wheel. I know some of you will say that that’s too much and my rods can’t take it, but it’s really only at 10 pounds for a second or so. Really I want the little extra boost in the mid rpm range. I have stock internals and would probably do water/meth if I did the pulley swap.

What do you guys think?

Is anybody here currently running 10 pounds on a stock block 96-98 cobra?

*Edit* car just ticked 40,000 miles

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Do you have any other pics of your car? I have the same color and want to see what those rims look like. Just remember 10 psi you need a safe tune.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I think you may be alright if it is aftercooled and tuned by a good tuner!! My pal has a 99 cobra with an aftercooled Vortech SQ kit and has been running 10 lbs for over two years.

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
I'll try and get some pics up, I don't think I have any cool ones but I'll post up a few. Thanks for the help guys.

blwngt

you dont need a after cooler...for starters..and second if you plan on running meth injection what kind of timing do you plan on running..you do need a pms system or some kind of engine management ..that is a must if you have methanol injection only cause you can pull so much timing thats the whole purpose of running methanol...depending on what kind of meth kit you get you can drop your intake down almost 60 degreess....

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
I have the SCT Pro Racer Package so engine managment is taken care of. If I do get the water meth I would move the IAT closer to the TB, I would have my normal low timing tune and when the IAT senses the colder air from the water meth I can have the ecu automatically add timing in. That way too if I run out of meth and punch it my timing will stay low and safe.

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
Pics

No cool action shots, just boring driveway pics. Sorry.

n310046753005043066213yl.jpg

n310046753005043272959zq.jpg

n310046753005043478372ek.jpg

side2small4ls.jpg

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Just stay fat. I wouldn't worry about how much boost you have, its all in the tune.. I run ten on my 95 and I drive it hard. Another guy RAVEN69DAVID runs 16# on his stock longblock 5.0.....

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
16 pounds!!! That would concern me a little, although I would like a ride in it :rockon: Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to do it come belt change time this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread