10% overdrive super damper

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Recently I've been hearing horror stories of cranks failing because of "improper installation" and even a crank getting messed up from not honing their super damper. I bought a 10% overdrive crank pulley and want to install it but if anyone has installed one please let me know the proper procedure casue I'm not trying to mess anything up (especially my crank). Thanks in advance

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess there is a tool for installing them vs running it down with the bolt. Need to make sure it’s fully seated to not mess up the reluctor wheel too.

I believe it was the under drive pulleys people were blaming for not properly dampening vibration and having crank issues

I’ve only run innovators west crank pullies though

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I guess there is a tool for installing them vs running it down with the bolt. Need to make sure it’s fully seated to not mess up the reluctor wheel too.

I believe it was the under drive pulleys people were blaming for not properly dampening vibration and having crank issues

I’ve only run innovators west crank pullies though

Gotcha, do you by chance know the tool to use for installation? I've seen a vid where papadakis says its ok to run it down with the bolt by hand if theres little to no resistance but I don't want to chance it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Gotcha, do you by chance know the tool to use for installation? I've seen a vid where papadakis says its ok to run it down with the bolt by hand if theres little to no resistance but I don't want to chance it.
I did it the apparent wrong way with the bolt, I’m not sure which tool is correct, interested to know my self

Users who are viewing this thread