10 Inch tire + 305 Nittos + H&R SS Springs = rubbing (help!)

01BlackSnake

Established Member
I think the springs I have in the rear were from 99, where I THINK the first batches were lowering the car too much.

Can anyone confirm this?

I wanted to simply get a new set of rear H&R SS coupe springs for the 01 Cobra, but am worried that if I'm wrong about what I said above, that the car will be just as low and I'll have problems. Another option would be to get the VERT springs, as they will not lower it as much.

(yes, I tried rolling the fenders. I've had them cut down a lot, actually. the tire is rubbing against the rear bumper, actually, not the fender anymore. That's how low the car is at the rear)

So... with that said, anyone have a hook up for a set of rear springs? :)

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Why don't you try the MM isolators- should raise the car ~1/2 inch and fix your problems- best of all they're like $30, so if they don't fix youre problem you can then try springs...Goodluck.

01BlackSnake

Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
Why don't you try the MM isolators- should raise the car ~1/2 inch and fix your problems- best of all they're like $30, so if they don't fix youre problem you can then try springs...Goodluck.

Hm... I may just try that. Thanks.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
did u shave the inner rear fender????? that is the issue at hand. i had to do that when i installed my rear spacers. shave the inner fender, and it will help you out.

-marek

SVT Chic

Established Member
I have the 17x10.5 with nitto 315's, I'm lowered (H&R)as low as it can go without my headers falling off from under the car :rockon: with no issues :shrug:

01BlackSnake

Established Member
SVT Chic said:
I have the 17x10.5 with nitto 315's, I'm lowered (H&R)as low as it can go without my headers falling off from under the car :rockon: with no issues :shrug:

I think what happened is that the springs I have (given to me by a friend that had a 99 cobra) were in a bad crop that lowered the car too much.

The rear is about 3/4 inch lower than the front. I think I should be okay if I had springs that weren't bad.

Do you have the Sport or Super Sport H&Rs?

01BlackSnake

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
did u shave the inner rear fender????? that is the issue at hand. i had to do that when i installed my rear spacers. shave the inner fender, and it will help you out.

-marek

Had the fenders cut already. It's rubbing against the rear bumper, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread