10 grand to blow...suggestions?

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
I hear ya totally. Didnt mean to slam the door shut. Your offer was just worded interestingly. Plus I dont want to waste your time. Im deploying to the middle east for about 7 months and I owe on my GT. When I get back I'll have the 10gs saved but its 7 months from now. Ill owe about the same amount on my GT. Last but not least...I live in Hawaii and wont be rotating back to the states until 2007. I Love cobras and was looking for one when I purchased the GT. Theyre all verts and still sitting on a lot NEVER bought so theyre still asking 30 grand for them. The only one close to worth it was a mystic. So naturally, I searched. LOTS of good deals in the states BUT I would have to ship it out here...even more $$. It breaks my heart when I get offers like yours bro...Im just up shit creek without a paddle. Bought the GT because I'd rather push a ford than drive a Chevy

Tremor

NO MERCY
01PonyGT said:
I hear ya totally. Didnt mean to slam the door shut. Your offer was just worded interestingly. Plus I dont want to waste your time. Im deploying to the middle east for about 7 months and I owe on my GT. When I get back I'll have the 10gs saved but its 7 months from now. Ill owe about the same amount on my GT. Last but not least...I live in Hawaii and wont be rotating back to the states until 2007. I Love cobras and was looking for one when I purchased the GT. Theyre all verts and still sitting on a lot NEVER bought so theyre still asking 30 grand for them. The only one close to worth it was a mystic. So naturally, I searched. LOTS of good deals in the states BUT I would have to ship it out here...even more $$. It breaks my heart when I get offers like yours bro...Im just up shit creek without a paddle. Bought the GT because I'd rather push a ford than drive a Chevy

I sent you a PM.

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Anyone have a ballpark Idea how much it would run me to get my GT painted sonic blue?? Rough estimate??

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
go to hpperformance.com and check out thier turbo kit. I talked to a guy there 2 weeks ago and he said it will run around 6,100 with EVERYTHING u need, thats around the same price as a kenne bell and a lot more performance. but I would just build a bad ass motor First then go with the rest of your cosmetic upgrades. that cobra bumber sounds good, add a saleen wing.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
I would just wait and get the 2007 Cobra! Better suspension, less problems without IRS and the latest greatest with more displacement 5.4 vs. 4.6.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i'd disagree with a couple earlier posts and say to go with a turbo kit. yes, 10 grand is not enough to complete a setup (mine is beginning to cost close to $25 grand so far), but it will get you started. you can put a kit on and tune it for low boost and have a blast. most kits come complete with fuel and exhaust items. as funds permit, you can add a forged block down the line, aloung with further fuel upgrades, suspension, driveline, and aloung with that, more boost for more power.

sometimes the guys on here have good intentions, but look at turbos as an all or nothing situation. i remember when i got my first mustang gt about 8 years ago and the first thing i added was a vortech supercharger on a stock car. i was responsible (which i know from experience that it can be hard) and put the blower to a safe 9lbs and i wouldn't have started any other way. eventually i added a suspension and forged block aloung with fuel upgrades. within 3 years i had a 9 second street car. eventually i sold the car but while i was younger and my funds were limited, i had to take modifications in stages.
in the case of turbos, patience can definitely be a virtue.

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Well put. I think im getting a little too much of an all or nothing mindset as well. I dont think i'll ever practically be able to use OR afford turbo caliber modifications. I'm just gonna throw in a rotating assembly and a KB 1.7 and go from there.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
one little side note as well. one very good point that i think most these guys are trying to make is that when upgrading your car, be sure to see the bigger picture and to modify the car as a whole. when you upgrade one part, much of the time, it leaves room for others to break. make sure to address suspension, brakes, fuel, etc. whenever upgrading one part of your car. go with that kb, it sounds like thats exactly what you want.

Sader123

Established Member
wolfsburg2 said:
sell the gt buy a cobra. even if you are 5k upside down on the gt. 5k into a cobra will put a big ass smile on your face :)

I'm with him. ;-) A Cobra will be all you'll need. At least for a little while!

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
Trade the GT in on a 03/04 Cobra...how much is it to ship a car from the CONUS to Hawaii? It can't be THAT much.

Users who are viewing this thread