10 grand to blow...suggestions?

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Alright...a few months from now after killing some terrorists :burn: , Im going to run into about 10 g's to throw in my car. I want a Kenne bell and to forge my internals...need some cosmetic TLC too. Im thinking sonic blue with 03 cobra front fascia, chrome 17 bullits up front 18 inch deep dishes in the back. Any other ideas?

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
$10k isnt enough to do turbo right.. You need a decent turbo kit, forged internals, fuel system, clutch and possible tranny upgrades, rear end upgrades, etc.. I'm at $13k+ in just parts right now and I already had forged internals and I'm not going crazy with a lot of boost yet..

I'm not saying you couldn't do a turbo setup with $10k, but you would have to cut corners somewhere..

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Yeah, im dealing with a 2v with weak ass pistons. The build is gonna suck up a lot of funds. Would a blowzilla be safe on a 2v with forged internals??

Fast Willy

Established Member
Is your car a cobra and if so what year, because doing the fornt fasica kinda makes me think its not an 03/04. But Do a whipple all supporting mods and build a sick rearend and upgrade the tranny.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
its not a cobra because above he stated he had a 2v, and id bet its not a 5.0 Cobra (still 2v) because his nic is 01 pony GT

so therefore, id say skip the whipple (do they make em for 2v? probably could go Saleen or Roush) get the KB, do suspension mods, IE lowering, struts/shocks, control arms, u can do the front fascia, and from there see how much uve spent

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
I wish I was driving a cobra. Im driving a 2001 Mustang GT...only mods are a Mac CAI and spintech MUFFlers, not catback. My dilemma is this. I have no way getting my power to the ground. Im going to be spending a good deal of money on tires wheels springs etc...

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
sell the gt buy a cobra. even if you are 5k upside down on the gt. 5k into a cobra will put a big ass smile on your face :)

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
for 10 grand you will be able to afford the forged internals, buy and install your own lowering springs, wheels and tires, and maybe be able to buy the Kenne Bell blower. You still need the install on that and the fuel system to deliver that. Which means you need an 03 cobra fuel pump and tank..as well as maybe the kenne bell Boost a pump but I think they give you one in the package. It will be cutting it pretty close man...you may want to give you a limit of about 12-13K.

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
From what i've read on kenne bells web site everything I'd need if i bought one of the blowers is included. Could have misread. I'll have to go back. Ill be doing all of the install work at a hobby shop on my base so the cost of labor goes out the window. I knew I'd be cutting it pretty damn close. The man goal of the 10gs is the blower and internals. comparatively, the rest of the modifications would be change and could be added as needed. Ive found forged rotating assemblys for 1500 on the web, and the KB 1.7 w/intercooler is about 5300. I've still got a lot to learn so maybe my ambitions are a little ignorant right now

Tremor

NO MERCY
Get a Cobra

--Cobra--I have 1 for sale if Interested. If you want to play with the big boys,

Its going to cost you.

Pm...me

01PonyGT said:
From what i've read on kenne bells web site everything I'd need if i bought one of the blowers is included. Could have misread. I'll have to go back. Ill be doing all of the install work at a hobby shop on my base so the cost of labor goes out the window. I knew I'd be cutting it pretty damn close. The man goal of the 10gs is the blower and internals. comparatively, the rest of the modifications would be change and could be added as needed. Ive found forged rotating assemblys for 1500 on the web, and the KB 1.7 w/intercooler is about 5300. I've still got a lot to learn so maybe my ambitions are a little ignorant right now

Last edited:

Big Jay

Established Member
I worked on a car with a Single t-64e turbo. Clutch, fuel system, tune, and 12psi of boost. Went 11.7@118 granny/short shifting on pump.

You would be STUPID not to run the turbo.

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Tremor said:
--Cobra--I have 1 for sale if Interested. If you want to play with the big boys,

Its going to cost you.

Pm...me

That is THE single most interesting sales pitch I have ever heard. I love the Cobras...far more than the GTs, its just what Im working with for now. Should I run into the money for a terminator, you can bet I'll jump on it. Marine paycheck =SHIT :nonono:

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
01PonyGT said:
Alright...a few months from now after killing some terrorists :burn: , Im going to run into about 10 g's to throw in my car. I want a Kenne bell and to forge my internals...need some cosmetic TLC too. Im thinking sonic blue with 03 cobra front fascia, chrome 17 bullits up front 18 inch deep dishes in the back. Any other ideas?

The KB will turn your car into a different animal!!! I am totally pleased with mine. Most definately beef up internals if 9psi or higher and you will want tie 18's on the rear if you hope to hook up. Good luck!

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Thats a beautiful set up man. I cant wait to frankenstein me car. I plan to put 18 inch chrome bullit deep dishes in the rear with nitto 555r all the way around. 315 in the back 275 up front.

Tremor

NO MERCY
01PonyGT said:
That is THE single most interesting sales pitch I have ever heard. I love the Cobras...far more than the GTs, its just what Im working with for now. Should I run into the money for a terminator, you can bet I'll jump on it. Marine paycheck =SHIT :nonono:

An 01 Cobra or if you find an 03 cobra more expensive..You would still need to build internals and nothing can be left out...Its expensive.

Trust me ill be pushing close to 1000hp on my Twin Turbo Setup..

When someone opens the door for you on a good deal..You dont slam it, you consider the pros' and cons..

Again 10k is alot...its not like its pennies but in the world of dominant stangs

you have to have a built engine and car to play along time..

If you plan on playing for 1-2 yrs..youll spend twice to start over..

Users who are viewing this thread