10" FR500 DD in Chrome?

SnkEyes

Mystical SVT Poster
Established Member
Anyone have these installed yet? If so, any info or pics on this topic is appreciated,(where they were purchased, quality of finish, etc...). Also, are there any clearance issues (IRS bolt/spacers needed with g-force KDW2 295s) with the 10" DD? I see that several distributors have "coming soon" still on their respective sites.

TIA

TRBO VNM

some question here. I have my stockers sold and want to order these before selling my rims so I am not wheelless. I have money waiting as long as they are in stock and to ship.

mustangtuning said they should have them by now based on the last time I talked to them. I am calling them in the morning.

anyone?

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Since the FR500 had IRS .. will the 10 inch rims fit on without any modifications (even with a 315 tire?)

thanks,
Crowley

WDW MKR

Established Member
The 03 Cobra also has IRS, but the damn 10.5" wheels don't fit w/out modification!! :bash: Not sure about the FR500 wheels, though. There are a few people running them that might chime in. I planned on buying them, but it looks like everyone and their brother will soon have them.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Crowley said:
Since the FR500 had IRS .. will the 10 inch rims fit on without any modifications (even with a 315 tire?)

thanks,
Crowley

They rub the IRS bolt when the suspension is fully unloaded. Unless you are taking your car off some sweet jumps I dont think you will have to worry about it. I will be getting my car lowered soon so that will put it even further from the bolt.

WDW MKR

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
They rub the IRS bolt when the suspension is fully unloaded. Unless you are taking your car off some sweet jumps I dont think you will have to worry about it. I will be getting my car lowered soon so that will put it even further from the bolt.

Even a pothole or sudden driveway "break" can unload the suspension enough to shred a tire on the IRS bolt. It isn't worth the risk. Sounds like these wheels have the same ingenious design as the AFS pieces.

SnkEyes

Mystical SVT Poster
Established Member
Okay, so will a BFG g-force kdw 2 295 have any clearance issues? I do not want spacers, shave the bolt, or replace the bolt. Anyone running this setup or a similar one?

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
SnkEyes said:
Okay, so will a BFG g-force kdw 2 295 have any clearance issues? I do not want spacers, shave the bolt, or replace the bolt. Anyone running this setup or a similar one?

My vote would go to the Steeda rounded head bolts which I think someone said are only like 8$.

SnkEyes

Mystical SVT Poster
Established Member
Do you think I could leave everything stock and run this setup? I do not know how wide the kdw 2s are compared to other tires.

WDW MKR

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
My vote would go to the Steeda rounded head bolts which I think someone said are only like 8$.

The Steeda bolts don't look to be the same grade as the factory pieces. I would rather retain the stock bolts, which are a metric grade higher than Grade 8.

If you don't want to use any sort of spacer, you might be able to get away with a 285 or 295. The only tires that run excessively narrow are Nittos, and that may only be with the drag radials. Any Goodyear or BFG will run normal (large). Do a search for tires and see what you come up with.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
The Steeda bolts don't look to be the same grade as the factory pieces. I would rather retain the stock bolts, which are a metric grade higher than Grade 8.

If you don't want to use any sort of spacer, you might be able to get away with a 285 or 295. The only tires that run excessively narrow are Nittos, and that may only be with the drag radials. Any Goodyear or BFG will run normal (large). Do a search for tires and see what you come up with.

I wasnt sure what the grade was. I was going to ask them when I call here soon.

WDW MKR

Established Member
I wouldn't trust a word that comes out of Steeda's mouth. They ran me through the backdoor something fierce on my last purchase from them. Just look at the design of the bolt and you can tell it is not of the same specifications.

Users who are viewing this thread