10 anniversary rims

biggyman6

pumpkin
Established Member
I have an 03 silver cobra that is 10th anniversary...but it doesnt have the rims that are on the black or red cars..can anyone tell me if it was an option that didnt come on the car or if it was because those rims didnt look right on a silver car? thanks

Jpjr

Established Member
your car was not bought new or they would have come stock. someone changed the wheels and sold them.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
biggyman6 said:
i have the 5 lug svt that i guess come stock...i got the car used with 12k miles so i guess someone took those rims and sold them

Yep, All the 10th anniversary Cobra came with the split spoke wheels :rockon: , even the silver ones. Somebody sold them for what you have now. :nonono:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
FYI - If you really like the 10th Anniversary wheels, you can buy them brand new for $149/each at gefracing.com...

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
There are two versions of the 10th Anniversary wheel. The one that comes from the factory on the 10th Anniversary cars and the Ford Racing Cobra Wheel wich is aftermarket from Ford. I bought these wheels to mount my racing tires on. They have a silver (painted) finish where the OEM is black. Same wheel, different paint.

freight hauler

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
biggyman6 said:
I have an 03 silver cobra that is 10th anniversary...but it doesnt have the rims that are on the black or red cars..can anyone tell me if it was an option that didnt come on the car or if it was because those rims didnt look right on a silver car? thanks

Might be interested in those if you decide to get rid of them. Consider a trade for stock chrome ones? PM if interested.

SORRY MISREAD LOOKING TO TRADE FOR STOCK ANNIVERSARY WHEELS :rockon:

ST. LOUIS, MO AREA :pop:

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
oxfordman03 said:
There are two versions of the 10th Anniversary wheel. The one that comes from the factory on the 10th Anniversary cars and the Ford Racing Cobra Wheel wich is aftermarket from Ford. I bought these wheels to mount my racing tires on. They have a silver (painted) finish where the OEM is black. Same wheel, different paint.
Interesting... So is this color change that noticable? If I bought a replacement wheel from gefracing.com and put it next to my OEM 10th Anniversary wheels, would the difference be obvious? :??:

-Greg

Jpjr

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Interesting... So is this color change that noticable? If I bought a replacement wheel from gefracing.com and put it next to my OEM 10th Anniversary wheels, would the difference be obvious? :??:

-Greg

yes you would. one looks polished, one looks charcoal. IMO charcoal looks better, but i would have bought the aftermarkets if they came deep dish. i'll be selling my 10th wheels soon if anyone wants them..

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Jpjr said:
yes you would. one looks polished, one looks charcoal...
Thanks for the info...that's good to know.

I actually considered getting rid of my 10th Anniversary wheels before. I figured at $149/each brand new, I'd just buy another set if I ever wanted to put them back on the car. Since the OEM ones appear to be slightly different, I guess I'll hold onto them now so in 30 years I won't lose points at the car show for having the wrong paint on the wheels! ;-) :-D

Users who are viewing this thread