10.5" tire size

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Im thinking of getting 17x10.5 DD FR500s for my rear wheels and running a 1" spacer, what tire size would work best?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Depends. Do you want drag radials?? Does cost matter?? If you answered yes to both those questions, call the law offices of JJ and....oh, whoops...

315/35/17 Nitto Drags fit that bill.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
I dont want drag radials, and cost doesnt matter too much. I want something that workd great in curves.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
315 GS-D3's?? Those are some badass tires. Are you lowered??? If not, I think it is going to look ridiculous with that much rim/tire and a 1" spacer.

Tyler Manwell

4.6 DOHC
Established Member
315 if its lowered you don't need the spacers, I haven't really heard any recomendations for road racing maybe hosier. I have seen some on tire rack for road racing go from there.

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Saw your edit. I was a little quick on the draw. lol.

Not to threadjack, but Tyler, do you have any sound clips of your car??? I have the same x pipe and I was kicking around getting rid of the Magnaflows for SLP.

Last edited:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
yea, i have GS D3s, but they seem to wear out quick, but i really like them, so i think im going with them. I will be lowering the car in a few months hopefully with a eibach pro kit.
then what spacers should i use? i was looking at MM bolt ins

God

Established Member
had Nittos 555R's drag radials now have Goodyear GS-D3's and love em!!! on my 10.5 rim and they look alot better and had no rub with IRS bolt... but will probably pick up spacers to be on safe side

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
Tyler Manwell said:
315 if its lowered you don't need the spacers, I haven't really heard any recomendations for road racing maybe hosier. I have seen some on tire rack for road racing go from there.

not true! i lowered mine almost 1.5" and it needed a spacer with 315's. I used a quarter inch spacer and shaved the irs bolts.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
If you want something good for curves Nitto has out there NT01 road race tire, they are and R compound but I think they also have an R compund road race tire that is more for the street. Oh and get 315/35/17.

Duncan_McDougal

V.O.L.V.O Abuser
Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
Im thinking of getting 17x10.5 DD FR500s for my rear wheels and running a 1" spacer, what tire size would work best?

17x10.5? The only FR500's I see like that have a messed up looking center design that don't look like real FR500's. The center cap is like twice the size of the normal 18 inch fr500's. I would just get the 18's. Most of those are only 10 inches in deep dish form.

Last edited:

Tyler Manwell

4.6 DOHC
Established Member
casey99COBRA said:
not true! i lowered mine almost 1.5" and it needed a spacer with 315's. I used a quarter inch spacer and shaved the irs bolts.
Well thats wierd cause I didn't need them, I posted a thread pretty similar to this and Brebar was the one who told me about it. When I bolted the 315 on the back, with no weight on the suspension the bolt was in the way but with the weight on the car it cleared I have pics if you want ot see how much clearance I have just pm me an email address. I don't know how to post them on the web site.

Last edited:

Duncan_McDougal

V.O.L.V.O Abuser
Established Member
Tyler Manwell said:
Well thats wierd cause I didn't need them, I posted a thread pretty similar to this and Brebar was the one who told me about it. When I bolted the 315 on the back, with no wieght on the suspension the bolt was in the way but with the wieght on the car it cleared I have pics if you want ot see how much clearance I have just pm me an email address. I don't know how to post them on the web site.

You have to host them. Try http://xs.to/. Then you just have to use the

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Duncan_McDougal said:
17x10.5? The only FR500's I see like that have a messed up looking center design that don't look like real FR500's. The center cap is like twice the size of the normal 18 inch fr500's. I would just get the 18's. Most of those are only 10 inches in deep dish form.
I cant afford the 18s, and i like the 17's just as much. :-D :burnout:

Tyler Manwell

4.6 DOHC
Established Member
Brebar i don't have any idea how to do sound clips but I would say to go with the loudmouth 2s mine cackle allot when I drive regulr but when I am on it you know. They are badass very aggressive

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Tyler Manwell said:
Well thats wierd cause I didn't need them, I posted a thread pretty similar to this and Brebar was the one who told me about it. When I bolted the 315 on the back, with no wieght on the suspension the bolt was in the way but with the wieght on the car it cleared I have pics if you want ot see how much clearance I have just pm me an email address. I don't know how to post them on the web site.

Well, it is going to depend on what tire you are running. A 315 Nitto, like I have, is not a true 315, so it fits fine. A true 315 is going to require a spacer of some sort.

casey99COBRA said:

What brand tire are you running??

Last edited:

Tyler Manwell

4.6 DOHC
Established Member
tath place doesn't want to host my pics I am computer retarded anyways I can email to anyone with q's and I have sumitumos cause they where in a packaged deal with the wheels

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
actually, i found out i may be able to afford 18's, so im thinking of going with 18x9 in front of course with 18x10s in back with
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 all around

Users who are viewing this thread