10.5 rims on 03 cobra

karl hungus

Established Member
I want to put 10.5 rear rims on my 03 cobra.where can i buy them that are a match for my stock front rims?also what are good tires,I dont want drag radials,I want something safe in case I get caught in the rain.And do they bolt right on?I read here that some say they need spacers,whatever they are?thanks in advance.

predator

Established Member
I know the "search" has been down, otherwise you would have a couple of days reading on this subject. AFS makes wheels that closely resemble stock in the size you are looking. You can buy from their web site or find much better deals on Ebay. If you are not in a hurry you might find a good deal in the "Market" on this site. They seem to show up there on a regular basis.

As far as spacers....depends on the tire. I run Nitto 315 DRs on my stock rims with no spacers, but I am really no help there. Maybe someone else will give you a run down.

f2fast4u

Established Member
Call Scott Springer at Late Model Restoration - the OE Concept rims are spot-n-matches and accept the stock center cap also. They bolt right up, but you will probably have to shave that IRS bolt. Different people have different opinions on Nitto DR's in the rain... I didn't like them, personal opinion. I like my Goodyears much better and they are a larger tire (even though they are the 'same' size).

02cobraguy

Established Member
Originally posted by f2fast4u
Call Scott Springer at Late Model Restoration - the OE Concept rims are spot-n-matches and accept the stock center cap also. They bolt right up, but you will probably have to shave that IRS bolt. Different people have different opinions on Nitto DR's in the rain... I didn't like them, personal opinion. I like my Goodyears much better and they are a larger tire (even though they are the 'same' size).

do you have a number? I'm also interested in 17 x 10.5. I can only find a set of 2 on ebay :(

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
as long as you keep the traction control on and dont drive it like its a race car the nittos are fine in the rain.
nitto also makes non drag radial tires.

I would just stay away from goodyear tires. they are way overrated. they wear fast and are marked way up.

J

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Ok, question on the AFS. I have polished wheels from the factory. Which finish will match the stock polished rims, because I am only going to upgrade the rears to 17x10.5

I assume the SVT cutout pops into the new AFS rims as well.

Chrome
Highly Polished Aluminum
Polished with Clear Coat

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I assume you need to use spacers and/or shave the bolt with AFS or OE Concepts 17x10.5?

The OE Concepts is much cheaper ... looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread