10.5 rim and tail pipes

96Cobracomander

Established Member
any one have issues running a 17x10.5 rim with a 315x35 tire and either SLP or Magnapack catback? im upgrading soon to both those rims and either exhaust system once my longtubes and mid pipe get done, the drone from dumps are awful. i just want to know if ill have any clearance issues

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I think you should be okay, you will have to take off the quad shocks tho but catback will fit fine

bumsoil

Established Member
you can flip the quad shocks to gain more clearance. roate them 180 degrees.
IF you have aftermarket lower control arms, then you can remove them completely.

i flipped mine, and it rubbed my koni str.t's. now they are all rusty where they rubbed :(. so i pulled them. it defiantly feels marginally better with them. i want to fine some that are smaller.

aloo1

Established Member
I have 03/04 10.5 wheels with 315's and even after I flipped my quadshock it still rubbed. so i have no quad shocks and no pipes b/c it rubbed there also.
Probably just me though b/c my car hate me and can never make anything simple.
good luck,
alan

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I have 10.5s with SLPs and i dont have any rubbing issues. And i still have quadshocks. They only rub when the car is off the ground

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I have 03/04 10.5 wheels with 315's and even after I flipped my quadshock it still rubbed. so i have no quad shocks and no pipes b/c it rubbed there also.
Probably just me though b/c my car hate me and can never make anything simple.
good luck,
alan

Yeah I had this problem.. Took my quad shocks off and tails off I couldn't stand it so I put my old wheels back on

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Besides the wheel hop, the rear also tends to move laterally a bit more without the quad shocks in place, so unless you've got a panhard bar, try to keep them if possible. Flipping them and running a 1/8" spacer alleviated clearance problems with the 10.5/315 combination on my car.

Last edited:

Tyler72

Established Member
I'm running 17x10.5 Saleen SC wheels with 315 tires. I also have an SLP LM1 catback & my quad shocks are still in place & not flipped around either. I have no rubbing issues whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread