10.5 replicas worth the money? Problems? Peeling?

ScottySVT

Established Member
Im looking to buy a set but im worried about peeling and such from an aftermarket wheel thats for a cheap price. American muscle sells them for about 160 or so for the chrome. Do they peel often? Stock centercaps fit? what are the pros and cons?

bad01cobra

Established Member
if you are going to get a set get the AFS wheels , i have a set on mine and the chrome looks just like the factory chrome does and the stock center caps fit in those but not the american muscle one. i had a set of chrome fr500 from american muscle on my car and they had to be cleaned 3 times a week and after polishing them they looked more polished then chrome , send me your email and i can send yo some pics of the diffrence

cobracide

Established Member
Im looking to buy a set but im worried about peeling and such from an aftermarket wheel thats for a cheap price. American muscle sells them for about 160 or so for the chrome. Do they peel often? Stock centercaps fit? what are the pros and cons?

Been running AFS 95 Cobra 10.5" Cobra reps for over a year and no issues. Just keep them clean.

SpectorV

Established Member
I ran some 03 17x9 AFS wheels for years, sold to a friend who is still running them no issues at all and they were chrome.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I had American Muscle 10.5's and had no problem at all. Almost 2yrs and 18k miles of driving. The stock center cap will fit, however you have to wrap the threads will a couple layers of electrical tape.

26804304085_large.jpg

26804304083_large.jpg

Last edited:

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
The clearcoat on my replicas started peeling so I just took them and my stock front wheels to an autobody shop and had them painted a gloss black. Mine were the stock grayish color.

Users who are viewing this thread