10/22 Scope

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I'm buying a ruger 10/22 this friday and I know I'll want a scope asap. Any recommendations? I might see if they can order me once in the same color but I'm cool with a black if they can't. My boy alex and my bro are getting their m4s so my broke ass will have to settle for a digital camo .22 for now
080210_2_1.JPG

Loved my old ruger but have no idea what aftermarket is out there for these.

DriveNASCAR

AKA ColdFusion
Established Member
I used to have a Ruger 10/22. I think I had a Leupold scope on it. It was black, but it was a damned good scope.

txyaloo

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend, and are you looking for an actual scope with magnification or a red dot sight?

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Ooh red dot might be a good idea, huh? I'm buying the rifle for $200 so that leaves $800 after my bills to put into the rifle and parts for my remy 870.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Yes they are finally getting their m4 but I must settle for the ruger. Would this tasco 1x32 red dot be a good choice or should I stick to a standard optic?
yhst-59525373201481_1992_953091779

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'm not busting your balls about your $. I don't care. What I'm getting at is I just picked up a DPMS Panther Arms AR-15 with the a2 style fixed upper, 16" chrome lined barrel, & six position collapsable stock. For ~$825 out the door. Do a google search for DPMS Panther Arms.....I think you'll like what you see -- including the price.

txyaloo

Established Member
Or one of these ARs for $570.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=33&

The 10/22 is a good plinker, but honestly I'd spend the extra $150-400 and buy a romy AK variant or a cheaper AR. I suspect you'll enjoy it much more. Plus, you can do a .22 or 9mm upper on the AR and it will be just a cheap to shoot as the 10/22.

As for red dots, I run AimPoint's on my rifles/carbines, but they're expensive ~$600. You can pick up a decent AimPoint clone for $100 though.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The 10/22 aftermarket is comparable to the 03/04 Cobras.

10/22s are plinking guns. Get something with a little bit of magnification, say a 3x9, not a reddot.

Do some searching. People go crazy with these guns. Many people consider them the perfect PAW gun.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I'm not busting your balls about your $. I don't care. What I'm getting at is I just picked up a DPMS Panther Arms AR-15 with the a2 style fixed upper, 16" chrome lined barrel, & six position collapsable stock. For ~$825 out the door. Do a google search for DPMS Panther Arms.....I think you'll like what you see -- including the price.

I think my buddy and brother got theirs from panther but I'm not in the position to buy an ar with the parts I want and was waiting to see how theirs looked before purchasing. I have to sink about $200 into the shotgun but didn't think the scopes would be so cheap for the ruger. I figure $200 should buy me a decent scope and I can save the rest for future m4 parts and a tune for the denali.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
IMG00372.jpg

IMG00374.jpg

IMG00375.jpg

Gun show tomorrow but I have to work so my bro is gonna buy me a scope and some mags. Nothing crazy, just a good $100 scope but I really want to mod this thing up from all I've been reading. Sweet little gun for $200, can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I only paid $200, plus another $100 or so for the scope and it will be a sweet little rifle. Kinda want an internally suppressed match barrel and a different stock but it will do for now, plus I can shoot it all day for next to nothing.

JWC

Established Member
You don't need to over scope a 10/22 as suggested get a 3x9 burris, tasco, or other scope in the $100.00 -$200.00 range max. Then go have some fun. I have three of them and the one with the bull barrel is a very good shooter; I have a Nikon on that one.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Yeah it isn't really logical for me to drop alot of money on a scope for this thing, I'd rather save for a .308 or an assault rifle while I can still buy one. I'm sure a really nice optic would be great but I love how cheap accurate these rifles can be.

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
go to rimfirecentral.com and join the forums there. Lots of good info on rugers.

I believe I just have a 4X tasco on mine, don't need anymore than that really. 35 bucks. Unless you are going nuts with this gun, dont spend more on the scope than you did on the gun. I wouldn't spend more than 60 on a scope for a plinking gun.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
My brother hooked me up at the gun show today. Tasco 4x32, 2 30rd mags, 500rounds high velocity, 100rounds subsonic, rail and scope rings for less than $100.
IMG00376.jpg

IMG00377.jpg

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
what brand mags are they? There's only one brand of mag i buy for my 10/22, thats Tactical Innovations. they're pricey, but work extremely well. The cheap ones nearly always fail.

Also, I wouldn't rest the gun on the magazines like that. That's why they make bi-pods.

Users who are viewing this thread