10-12 GT500 Mud Flap Install ?

96svtdriver

Established Member
I've been searching for a GT500 mudflap install how to and haven't turned up anything. Does such a how-to exist? Or does anyone here want to chime in and post how to? Thanks! :D

acrbill

Established Member
Its real easy. Take the rear wheels off, remove two screws. The flaps have clips that will hold them to the body of the car so push them on, line up the holes and put the screws back in.

You definitely need to take the wheel off though.

I've been searching for a GT500 mudflap install how to and haven't turned up anything. Does such a how-to exist? Or does anyone here want to chime in and post how to? Thanks! :D

kevinp

Established Member
I didnt take the wheels off, I just used a phillips bit in a 1/4" socket with a ratchet - took about 10 minutes if that.

kevinp

Established Member
I tried all sorts of small shit but nothing I had worked.

Depends on the wheels tires too I suppose and if the car is lowered, my car was stock when I put them on. Either way its not a big deal to take the tires off to install them if need be.

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
Home depot sells a tool by "general" its a little ratchet that takes 1/4" Phillips drill tips that's what I used today it cost like $10

Bad Intention

Established Member
+1 ^
My car is lowered and i have 28" DR. and i also used lil ratchet and bit. On of my best mods. Keeps alot of splater and Hot rubber off rear of car while @the track.

acrbill

Established Member
Well I installed the flaps on my new car using the above mentioned screwdriver tip on a 1/4" ratchet and it worked. It was tight but it works.

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
4a493ddf-b826-030c.jpg

These r gt500 mudflaps

Users who are viewing this thread