10 1/2 inch rear wheels and tires

randy

Established Member
For those of us interested in buying the larger rims, I have a question regarding tires. What would be your tire of choice? I have found the 295 goodyear gs-c's on mine to spin through first and second and would probably go with dr's.

Rwick7

Established Member
gs-c's are junk. Get some 315 nitto's on that bad boy. of course with your boost it probably won't matter :)

Intense

Established Member
i'd go with BFG DR's b/c they hook a little better. and with the power yours is making you'll all you can get.

randy

Established Member
i have 275 dr's on my stock rims that hook much better. i was just using the gs-c's as a comparison

Intense

Established Member
Originally posted by randy
i have 275 dr's on my stock rims that hook much better. i was just using the gs-c's as a comparison

i wonder if a semi- road race tire, like an asymetric, would hook very well? maybe like a BFG R1? just suggesting, i don't have any experience with these.

randy

Established Member
i am just trying to figure out what guys would want as a combo....AFS is producing these wheels and i thought he might want to purchase some dr's to sell as balanced combos for our cars. We are a niche group in that most street mustangs don't easily push 500 lbs of rwtq with a couple bolt ons. they are planning on producing 00 r's as well.

Intense

Established Member
sorry dude i was:sleeping: . i understand now.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I had 275/40 Goodyear Eagle GS-Cs on my 17x9 Cobra Rs on my GT right before I put the Procharger on. They were great for stoplight racing, any and every launch with any good amount of throttle became a pretty little burnout :cuss:

They were fine when I was running N/A, but add the blower and it was a mess.

randy

Established Member
Yes it is a mess. Especially when they start spinning at 60mph and the car tries to go sideways. I can't use more than half throttle in first with them.

Users who are viewing this thread