$10,000, What To Do?

USMC0352

I'm new to the Forum, but have been reading the forum for about a year or so. I have a 04 Mach 1 and want to do a few mods but dont really know what to do. Looking for some handling performance but mainly straight line performance. What do you guys think? Thanks for the input.

Wilks

Tide612

Banned
Gears, Lowering Kit, COBRA MOD, VT ENGINE, KB 2.4, maybe alittle spray, and Tune

That should about $10000 if not alittle less. With the money left over buy a 12 pack and call it quits then enjoy it.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Tide612 said:
Gears, Lowering Kit, COBRA MOD, VT ENGINE, KB 2.4, maybe alittle spray, and Tune

That should about $10000 if not alittle less. With the money left over buy a 12 pack and call it quits then enjoy it.

What is a COBRA MOD???

Also, add a tranny and built rear to that list.

Red03Mach

Established Member
If i were you i would get a P1SC Procharger kit, Dyno tune, Exhaust(Offroad X pipe and Cat back), Build up your rear end with some 31spline internals, H&R SS Springs, Tokico illumina shocks struts, Weight jacker LCA's and some deep dish 10.5 mach wheels with 315 nitto drag radials. It would be close but i think you could do it for 10K

Tide612

Banned
The cobra mod is the lower intake and supercharger (if you want to go that way). Also i would think of building up the axle itself or use it till it blows.

Wicked

Established Member
Tide612 said:
The cobra mod is the lower intake and supercharger (if you want to go that way). Also i would think of building up the axle itself or use it till it blows.

Unless he will be using slick and launch at high rpms, the stock 8.8 setup will be fine.

Ahhh, to have $10K to spend.

Blower and all the supporting equipment(injectors, MAF, fuel pump, custom tune) will cost around $4500 or so depending on what blower you go with.

Stock bottom end will support 450rwhp safely.

You could build the bottom end for about $4000-4500 including labor and be able to support much higher power levels(600+rwhp).

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
In my experience it would actually be a little cheaper than that, and it would handle well over 600 hp. I had a blueprinted engine by a builder around my area, and to have a forged engine, including 8.5:1 compression (wanted a KB 2.2 at the time), billet rods and a forged crank. Also, billet custom ground S/C cams, and stage 3 heads with retainers/springs and all the other supporting mods + install was going to be 4300.00.

That included also the install of LT headers and 4:10 gears. And this is not a rinkydink shop. There company is Switzer Performance in Elyria, Ohio. They are currently working on a Evo (i think, may be a Subie) that they hope will run in the 7's. This is just to give you an idea of their quality work.

Best of luck building up your car.
Have you thought of selling the Mach and getting a terminator?

Satyr

Established Member
Forgot to add that the motor would be able to handle 800 hp. Everything else would handle up to 1200 but the pistons would need to be billet after 800.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
I would do the bottom end first, if it were me I would not want to spend all that money then throw a rod/piston. Then you would be ****ed. Go ahead and build the motor and put a blower in there. Thats the major part. Then start adding what else you need/ want to do.

10thsvtcobra

Established Member
First off welcome to the mod mach club :thumbsup: Here's my set up and it cost me close to 10 grand.

P1SC and all supporting mods for a SC, MAF, injectors, fuel pump
DR Gas X pipe and Magnaflow catback
dual a pillar guage mount, Boost, Fuel pressure
raptor shift light
Dyno tune= 421 RWHP 395 RWTQ
31 spline moser axles, eaton diff, 3:73 gears
welded tubes and boxes
metco LCA's, Steeda UCA's
strange 10 way adj shocks and struts
steeda comp springs
MM full length sub frame connectors

now i am not mechanicaly inclined so this also includes labor prices. if you do the work your self then I would add LT headers and maybe some Comp cams, blower grind to the list. if you are looking for a shop, i would look no further than Modular powerhouse, near Atlanta GA. www. modularpowerhouse.com, check them out, its a great shop and they have a great forum over there! Good luck with your build. Oh I would wait to forge the internals unless you want mad HP #'s right away. 450 RWHP with a safe tune will last for a long time !!

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Very shortly my buddy and I are going to start fabbing up a twin turbo kit for my car. It's going to take some time but the reward will be worth it and save thousands of dollars. You would need some good rods/pistons with a built rear. Good luck to you and what ever set-up you choose :rockon: :banana: :beer:.

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
Yo Devil dog, 10 grand to spend. My vote is buy a good set of DRs Say Mickeys and if you are not already get good at driving the car the way it sits and use the 10 grand to pay the car off. Then you will have your car payment to blow on mods every month be paying no interest and lower insurance premiums. Its not sexy but thats what I would do. A well driven, low 60 ft Mach 1 is tough to beat.

Aaron

USMC0352

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at the HP twin turbo setup but wasn't sure what else I might need to do. I really want to make it a sleeper, nice and quiet untill needed.

Users who are viewing this thread