1 piece DS dragstrip ET up date

nordy racer

Established Member
OK everyone.. i went to the track last night (Cecil County) and was able to get about 15 runs in.. the weather was amazing and the temps were cold for being May, the temps were in the 50's..

let me start by posting two time slips from a couple of runs months before with the stock DS installed.. the temps and track were also most the same as last night.
carrun003_zpsc293dc87.jpg

now these runs below are from last night. my 60fts are the same and you can see an increase in ET and MPH because of the DS.
picscar006_zps94ed952a.jpg

it didnt pick up the 2 tenths that they said but it did pic up almost 1 tenth and about 1 1/2 to almost 2 mph.. SO, is it worth the money, i think so because i do feel alot safer knowning that i dont have a crappy 2 piece under me and it did pick up some ET.
Mine was a Shaftmaster and it was $599..

Last edited:

nordy racer

Established Member
oh and a side note the best ET at Cecil last night was a 1.85 60ft at 11.91 117.9mph. this car is amazing bracket car.

kevinp

Established Member
Weather in march was much better (36* or so) so you may have picked up more that you think if thats all you changed. I figure on a near stock HP car with stock gears an aluminum 1 piece could be worth a tenth, more with your 3.73s and higher driveshaft speed.

kingcobra323

Established Member
Nice bro. I tried mine at the 1/8 mile. My best run of the night would have been a my pb if it want for a deep stage. I did however mph .2 more. So I'm happy.

nordy racer

Established Member
Weather in march was much better (36* or so) so you may have picked up more that you think if thats all you changed. I figure on a near stock HP car with stock gears an aluminum 1 piece could be worth a tenth, more with your 3.73s and higher driveshaft speed.

i was thinking the same but at least i was able to show people time slips i cooler weather with the same 60fts. i still believe i can get 2 tenths incrase like they stated...

burke985

Established Member
Nice... just put my shaftmasters on last week and its been a welcome addition. Went and had another dyno session a couple days ago and with the gears and driveshaft from my previous session picked up 3 whp and 28 lbfttq. No vibes either and took it up to 145+ a couple times

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
i was thinking the same but at least i was able to show people time slips i cooler weather with the same 60fts. i still believe i can get 2 tenths incrase like they stated...

Yea, most people add the driveshaft along with a few other things so its hard to tell. Its not only the weight of the stocker, but the extra CV joint and center bearing all take power to turn.

Users who are viewing this thread