1 of 1?? 2004 Saleen Mystichrome for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
i'd would buy the sh*t out of that car, if I had the cash that is.

00_ExtrmRnbw

Established Member

What's up with the chopped lightbar?[/QUOTE]

Some of the newer model Saleen's had that option. The bar is actually part of the tonneau cover... :shrug:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Says all stock except shifter, but I sure do see chrome rad. caps, strut tower bar etc. A local guy has a Mystic coupe which he threw a Saleen kit on and I have to say the front bumper cover is just wrong! Sits way higher off the ground than the stocker, totally kills the stance.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
nice, like the normal body kit better though (as in factory 03 cobra not the saleen version)

Well I like both obviously, But if at shows or driving around I would say just about every trip someone runs out to look at the Saleen or asks if they can take there picture next to it. Heck I have stopped illegally to look at something and someone stopped and jumped out of a car with their mom and took a photo of her daughter next to the car.

None of that happends with the cobra. Heck I go to the car shows with both and the Cobra is spotless and the Saleen will win over the cobra every time.

I cant wait to get my 90GT out this year I forgotten about it in the shed. Its been in there for 14 years. I had ran over a raccoon and broke a piece of plastic behind the rear wheel. The plan was to park it till I got it fixed. Well its still parked lol

That saleen cobra looks great but I see allot of items saleen didnt install on the car. It also looks lowered, Saleen didnt put in race craft spring in the saleen cobra either.

Saleen made allot of odd ball ones. When I called the registry and talked to Liz Saleen when she was still there she said I was going to be happy cause mine was a 1 of 1 also.

Its a automatic and there was only 7 autos even made in 00. Its fun at shows or where ever people look at it and scoff it off, people think its a clone when they see the auto and seem to be in the know. Then I go threw the Speel and explain they might not know as much as they thought about Saleen lol.

roll208450.jpg

DSC_0678.jpg

92whitestang

Established Member
so what was the point of adding the pic of your hatch? For one, you should be ashamed that it looks like that. It looks worse than some of the mustangs Ive seen on TV that went thru the tornadoes a few days ago. For two, wasnt this thread about a MC saleen?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
(
so what was the point of adding the pic of your hatch? For one, you should be ashamed that it looks like that. It looks worse than some of the mustangs Ive seen on TV that went thru the tornadoes a few days ago. For two, wasnt this thread about a MC saleen?

Well for (1) it was the only photo I had of of the 90 GT and it did go threw tornado. Ripped the shed doors right off and the car cover! It even ripped second floors right off houses. Good spotting! I included the photo with my 1 of 1 Saleen also since the thread was about a 1 of 1...

And (2) as far as being ashamed get a grip:lol: Who is anyone to tell me to be ashamed. Its just a car :rolleyes:, It was car put in a barn about 15 years ago threw lifes turns and unfortunate falls. but hey! I was able to keep it right? and that ended up turning into a barn find of my own 15 years later lol! its just a car! just wanted to share it with my friends:beer: better off having a little dirt on it than sell it to a 17 year old kid and it be crashed or or riced out;-)

I thought some of you might get a kick out of my own barn find so to speak. I have about 26 or more various cars stored away! no I havnt counted in a few years. Yes up to 30 years or more hard for me to believe to. As far 14 or 15 years of Dust on a Mustang that needed some paint work. Heck dirt washes off lol.

I'm just truly happy that threw the years when I had no money not a pot to piss in I still was able to try to almost keep every car I had.

The people on here have always been very nice. Maybe take a step back and realise its just forum we were only talking about a car. Yes a 1 of 1 car. I was lucky enough to also have 1 of 1 That I wanted to share about since the thread was only about a car where the owner isnt even on the forum. Where I am and wanted to share and add to the thread.

So :beer: its just dirt I'm not ashamed nor will I be and the mystic besides the short light bar and the add ons we could see still is cool car.:beer:

Last edited:

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
I like Saleens- always have had a weak spot in my heart for 'em, especially when they were HQ'd right here in SoCA about 2 mi. from my house... And they were STILL hard to get parts from even then - LOL! Had an '05 SC car that I loved driving, but the payment ate away at me till I sold it. Bought a Termi and have not regretted that change even once.

Saleen x Termi x Mystic = What's NOT to LOVE!

terminatd

Established Member
Here is a pic that i took of that Saleen cobra from a Seattle show years ago...

Never been a fan of those little dressup mods, had lots of those little chrome bits added..... prefer essentially stock or full tilt performance mods

cosalmysvert.jpg

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Someone bought it who lives in Ca.

He got a rare one!

Thought I would bring this thread back from the dead as I ran across it while searching for my next MC.

The guy that bought it in Cali was none other than Paul Walker. I'm sure some of us have seen the video from last year that resurfaced after Walker was killed in that terrible crash. The people who shot the video wouldn't release the collection owner's name at the time but after he died felt there was no need in hiding it any longer.

I was doing the research to make an offer but it appears someone off the Saleen owner's website bought it within the last year when it was offered for sale before he died.

Man I would have loved to have gotten my hands on this one. :rockon:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Thought I would bring this thread back from the dead as I ran across it while searching for my next MC.

The guy that bought it in Cali was none other than Paul Walker. I'm sure some of us have seen the video from last year that resurfaced after Walker was killed in that terrible crash. The people who shot the video wouldn't release the collection owner's name at the time but after he died felt there was no need in hiding it any longer.

I was doing the research to make an offer but it appears someone off the Saleen owner's website bought it within the last year when it was offered for sale before he died.

Man I would have loved to have gotten my hands on this one. :rockon:

Ahh yes. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I was trying to figure out where it went also. I remember seeing the video and seeing the Saleen/Cobra/MC/Vert, but for some reason at the time it didnt hit me that that was the 1 of 1:bash:. good home work.

I'm actually in the process of trying to find the MC Saleen Cobra Coupe that was for sale on here back in 2011. Somebody in West Virginia had it for sale, but I lost the track after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread