1 Lap in THE DECIDER (MGW Equipped)

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
[video=youtube;04LEvILf3rk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LEvILf3rk[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LEvILf3rk

file_zpscfqdwu93.jpg

^^

This was my first time out with the new MGW shifter and what a difference!
Simply, a quality, well engineered device, that really performs! :thumbsup:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Did you do some more suspension work? I think the last time I saw some of your videos, it was understeering pretty badly.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Did you do some more suspension work? I think the last time I saw some of your videos, it was understeering pretty badly.

I did change the UCA to the Roush Piece from the BMR HD and have new Hoosiers R6s on here, which help out.

Over the winter, hope to do full Coilovers, Cortex Watts and some new wheels, to facilitate a Squared 305 tire setup, which should move the car to the next level.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol hustling that thing around.

How much camber are you running up front?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
LOL, yes, it is akin to a Tugboat with a Jet Engine.

I'm running -1.8

How does it feel? Do you have any pictures of the car loaded in a turn? I would expect maybe a little more camber would work well with those tires and all that weight up front.

MFE

Established Member
Hauling ass for sure! Don't take this the wrong way, I'm only trying to help, but you have the single most abrupt turn-in I've ever seen in 15 years of doing this. It seems you're probably shocking the front tires into going over their limits, and those limits might be higher if you eased up to them a little. I'm talking microseconds of difference here, not driving-miss-daisy slow input. It might be something to try.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hauling ass for sure! Don't take this the wrong way, I'm only trying to help, but you have the single most abrupt turn-in I've ever seen in 15 years of doing this. It seems you're probably shocking the front tires into going over their limits, and those limits might be higher if you eased up to them a little. I'm talking microseconds of difference here, not driving-miss-daisy slow input. It might be something to try.

I did notice that too, I wasn't sure if that was a characteristic of the car though so I kept my mouth shut.

Users who are viewing this thread