1% Frame modifications for a ground up rebuild

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
Finally getting around to rebuilding the wrecked 02. The frame is tweaked so I'm looking for a new frame. Since EVERYTHING has to be torn down, I'm looking for suggestions/advice on what i can fix/modify/add etc as I'm building it back up.

Plans for the truck are more of a "Streetfighter" if you will, focus. There are no tracks of any sort very near me so track visits will be slim to none. I plan to drive this truck as a DD rotating it out with my other truck/bike. My main focus will be handling. I want it to stick! I plan on staying with the stock block with some reliable mods.

So fire away. I need to start my research. I don't want to discuss them here, I'll search for them, I just need some pointers, probably from the 1% more than anything.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Go with one of the 4 link set ups and a well designed pan hard bar. I don't care for the P/H bar I have. This will allow you coil overs in the rear as well which is awesome. Next thing to go with would be figuring out the front suspension which is kind of up to the person, after doing what I have in my sig, I still like the ideas of the bell tech spindles. Also look to lose as much weight as possible, thats the biggest thing, especially unsprung weight and rotating mass. Battery relocation would be good as well, if you're going all out have a proper cage made with provisions for seats and harnesses. To keep it from overheating look into a good radiator and H/E as well.

EDIT: Also look into the Kenny Brown X-brace if you can ever find one anymore. I'm sure I will continue to think of more.

Last edited:

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
I'm skimming throught Tim's site now. I also have a post there hopeing to have them chime in.

Battery relocation is on the list thought I've heard it may be heavier with more wire etc, but atleast it'll be moved to the rear.

As for the 4link, I'm leaning that way have am waiting on Scottselle build. I heard someone may produce these besides him.

The X brace, is that something that can be manufactured? I'm thinking if I can't get my hands on one I'd could design something similar.

I'm not going all out, I'd perfer not to cage it. I just want a nice streetable machine.

Boston Blackie

Established Member
You could do the "X" brace yourself. Check out JJ's new front suspension setup. Lots of adjustability and a heavy duty rack and pinion setup. Saves 95# of weight on the front end as well.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I wonder if there's any way to shave a little weight if you're going frame-up without weakening things too much.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
FYI

Dbl G also offers Panhard bars, and a Spyder II Rear frame brace... from what i hear its pretty nice... ask Pitstain about it...

Users who are viewing this thread