1 day shy of 5 months

boosted281

Established Member
My car is to be delivered in the morning!!! Finally the 5 long months will be over. I want to thank all the guys and gals for the peer support and positive reinforcement that this group has offered. Pics to be posted after delivery and a long awaited test drive :banana:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
My car is to be delivered in the morning!!! Finally the 5 long months will be over. I want to thank all the guys and gals for the peer support and positive reinforcement that this group has offered. Pics to be posted after delivery and a long awaited test drive :banana:

congrats:dancenana: enjoy your drive tomorrow..

dustin88lx

Established Member
You'll love it believe me, I loved mine the first day. I think the best part was when I hit that 5 mile mark and the SC unlocked, I was thinking where is the power? This thing is weak then it hit......I thought OMG and I was grinning ear to ear

finsrin

Established Member
Another five months waiter !
Five times congrats to you. Such suspense it is.
I'm at only one month and so anticipating delivery followed by 1000 mile drive home.

king Abdull

Established Member
Congrat :)))

So.. I'm the only one here left waiting for his car to show up at the port
And by the way it's been almost three months :( but it's still sport to your time

Have fun with the car bro .

USV8PWR

Established Member
Congrats Bud! :banana:

My month 2 of waiting just fell a few days ago...guess I only have about 3 more! I get antsy at times but I got a super deal with a couple thousand of MSRP on a very small dealers sole allocation so I have to be somewhat more patient. :shrug:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Ordered my convertible back on March 16th and still nothing, small dealer here but I know the owner and he told me it will come just don't know when. Ordered my wife a 13 Jeep SRT-8 from another friend that ownsa Jeep/Dodge dealer in another city on July 18th and delivered it to her two days ago. Sweet ride!! I'm not concerned when I get it as long as it is in my garage at some point this year.

Kaizman

Established Member
Ordered mine on 3/31, received the window sticker today. Being built on 8/23 with a ETA of 8/6. I'm pretty sure the 8/6 date won't happen but at least I am almost there. It has been a long ride, almost bought a GT350 with 1900 miles, then the exact day I was in the process of closing a deal on a 302 Laguna Seca I received the call that my order had finally been pulled.
This car has been like Eleanor, everytime I had enough of the wait and started to make a different move ~ she came back to haunt me.
I have to admit, this car has me a little excited and I do believe it will be worth the wait.
Just wish I could have talked the wife into the LS, she just didn't buy how great she would look in it.:beer:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Oh I agree, love the LE in that school bus orange. I planned on it for my wife but dealer said they only had one allocation for a GT-500 and it was mine so I ended up ordering the SRT-8 Jeep, no regrets though, it's an insain vehicle and she is very happy. Good to know thy I'm not the only one waiting since March, it will be here someday!!

finsrin

Established Member
Really don't understand why the waits are so long.
A friend ordered 2013 GT with color/options he wanted. Has had it a month.
Asked how long it took from placing order to delivery.
Answer: 8 weeks
Yes,,, GT500 is more complex with more suppliers involved.
Without being privy to details of all thatz involved - 12 weeks seems like plenty of time.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Really don't understand why the waits are so long.
A friend ordered 2013 GT with color/options he wanted. Has had it a month.
Asked how long it took from placing order to delivery.
Answer: 8 weeks
Yes,,, GT500 is more complex with more suppliers involved.
Without being privy to details of all thatz involved - 12 weeks seems like plenty of time.

all the cars are built on the same line(mustangs), they also build and sell a lot more V6 and GT models.....could the process be better? sure...but the specialty vehicles is not what pads the profit, lower end cars and trucks is where its at for them

finsrin

Established Member
Have a half chance of meeting with Alan Mulally soon.
If he has time to chat for awhile, will ask about GT500 production and waits.
GT500 parts suppliers may have contracts to deliver so many this and so many that every week. With out suppliers subject to parts production rates fluctuating, Ford likely negotiates best prices. Thatz a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread