1/8 mile times on your Lightning?

Bonestk87

Established Member
What are some of y'all times in the 1/8mile in your Lightnings? Mine does not have a pulley on it. Bigger H/E, ported Eaton,Tb, Inlet & Punisher street Vb pretty much sums it up.

I think I'm going to take it to a local track tomorrow night if I get off work in time.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
i can't remember my 1/8 off the top of my head but for the 1/4 it ran a 12.6 at 107mph with a 2.0 60'

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Long bars seemed to help shave about .08 consistantly off my 60 ft. my truck has never sixty that well. both the 1.71 and 1.65 were with long bars. but i did cut a few 1.69's back in the day with out them. it just was very inconsistant. my best times have also been at a local 1/8 thats litteraly in a parking lot. i need to get it to a real track when its running well. every time i have made it to one i was fighting issues. my truck has traction issues through 40-50mph on drag radials on the street. and through 70mph on regular nt05's plus my only weight reduction consists of is a roll pan and hitch removal and let lighter weight of the t56 now. im sure im over 4500 lbs

jokerzL

Established Member
I ran a 1.67 60 ft with lakewoods and nitto drag radials. Long bars are better then lakewoods yes. But lakewoods are cheaper and there are lightnings going 11.5 with them. Make sure your tune is in check. Sometimes that can throw off your sixty foot.

Its not what you buy its how maximize your set up with the power you make.

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I ran an 8.23 in mine with a 1.84 (or was it 1.82?) 60'. That was back with the old motor, just had a cai, 6# pulley, tune, no cats, and a catback running on regular Hankook tires. I can't keep the new motor together long enough to take it to a track.

TheRebel

Established Member
I recently went from stock tires to nitto DR. I'm still at a 2.1 60' and 8.9 1/8 mile. What tire pressure are you all running at? I was at 32 psi. I also installed some lakewood slapper bars I had laying in the shop but I havn't got a time since I installed those.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
drop the pressure in the DR's to 18-20 psi and then try either up or down a bit depending on how its hooking or the wear marks on the tire look.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Stock: 8.6 @82
4lb lower & intake:8.1@85
Kenne bell: 7.7 @88
turbo same boost as the KB: 7.4/95

all times with 1.8 60ft

Users who are viewing this thread