1/8 and 1/4 ???'s

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Don't really track much, but I'm hoping to head out to e-town on Nov 3 for JDM day.
Just wondering what #s I should expect, e.t and trap with my street tune, first on dr's and then on 28×12.5 Hoosiers. Stock 18's in front. My race tune is there but have no #s. Ran out of 100 oct.
Thanks for the input
Tom

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Too hard to guess. Conditions, traction and so on will all determine final outcome. If you hook well you should see low 7.xx in the 1/8 and low 11's, maybe high 10's in the 1/4. You have the power, it will depend upon how heavy the truck is as well.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Thanks Bob. Truck is ~4550, temps should be in the low 60's, high 50's, track prep at Englishtown is usually great. I was kinda hoping the same.
Did you try the new slicks yet?

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Anyone else? Want opinions from track guys, 600+hp L's, Built motor L's, etc. I know I'm not running a K.B. or Whipple(will soon...), should that play a role? Will running a twin screw make a difference if the power is there?
Thanks

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
I will see you there at JDM Day! I would not even try the DRs as you will annihilate them. On the v28s if all is perfect you may see 11.4.
I will be on 30" slicks for the first time, and running a ton of boost. I am gunning for a 10 sec run there. #s in sig were with 10" lower, spinning the 28inch Hoosiers badly. I have about 3#s additional boost and stripped about 200+ pounds off the truck since then.
Jim

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Cool Jim. I should be able to make it out there, work permiting.:) How much power now, with the 3lb increase? 200lbs? Do tell...
11.40s is sweet! What trap do you think?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Cool Jim. I should be able to make it out there, work permiting.:) How much power now, with the 3lb increase? 200lbs? Do tell...
11.40s is sweet! What trap do you think?
Roll pan, fiberglass leafs and even I lost 30#s myself. I may pull the passenger seat if I am not satisfied with my times.
I don't know how much power I am making now, as I have not been on a dyno in over a year. I moniter AF ratio with a wideband so I believe I am safe as long as I keep good fuel in it.
Trap speeds are purely a function of power and weight. With our aero drag I would bet you see 119-120. It will take a lot of effort to do better with a street/100 octane tune. The extra boost I run definately helps, but I know I risk lifting a head this way.
Jim

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Roach4047: Thanks bro. I'll try.
Ct.Topgun: I'd love to trap 120. Do you think upgrading to a whipple will net me a 10? 600~620hp and 660~670tq on my street tune. Thanks Jim.
Anyone else wanna chime in? Want to be prepared as much as possible.
Thanks.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
A whipple will definately get you a 10 sec truck. I also believe you can get there with the MP as well. I will keep you posted about my progress. My goal for this season and before nitrous is 10.8x/125+.
Jim

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
10.8 @ 125+ is moving with the MP's. I want to try to get it done with my street tune. Thats why I'm considering the whipple. Hope to see you on the 3rd Jim.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Thanks Latemodelracer2. What kind of #s you running with that setup?
Hey Jim, whats your 1/8 like?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Thanks Latemodelracer2. What kind of #s you running with that setup?
Hey Jim, whats your 1/8 like?
7.23@96 last time out. That was spinning bad on 28" slicks. I know there is a lot more in it.
Jim

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Damn Jim! Thats moving! Sweet times with the MP. Definently a 10 in it with the MP.
Anyone else with similar mods and #s? Alot of 11 and 10sec L's out there. Sweet times indeed!

Thanks

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Damn I need to get a set of slicks.....

Nice number everyone...

Hopefully I will have my track time by next friday....(track's open on thursday night and saturday)

Users who are viewing this thread