1.7 kb 2v tech

ShadowGT04

Established Member
Hello all I have a few quick questions about my 1.7 kennebell. I have a 2004 mustang GT with the 9# pulley on the blower with an intercooler. I had the car tuned spring of 2011 at DB performance in rodgers mn. The car made 393hp and 415tq. I had the car in an autocross event this past June and a few people that were there asked me if I took the blower off because it didn't make any whine. It's never had much noise as I think about it. The mods I have are the kennebell, long tube headders, o/r h pipe, and newly installed SLP resonators. Since I put the resonators on I have also lost 4# of boost but that didn't effect blower whine. Could it be a conservative tune or might something be wrong with the blower?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I know the 1.7 in the Mach 1 has a slight whine to it. Pullied for #11lbs of boost, I've had more people ask if it was a turbo'd Mach 1 than a supercharged M1 by the sound it makes. :??:

It's not a screamer like the 2.3(Lightning).

ShadowGT04

Established Member
I have looked on youtube and in a lot of videos the 1.7 with the same boost has more whine than mine does. Sadly a saturn with the little blower they have has more whine than mine :( I hope nothing is wrong if its just not going to have a lot of sound because the low boost im ok with that.

Users who are viewing this thread