1-7/8" x 3". ARH or KOOKS

NMB2

Established Member
Heavily leaning towards ARH, but I don't want to pass over Kooks if there is something that makes them better. Looking to order tomorrow and wanted to get some opinions. Kooks says I cannot clear the stock rag joint, ARH believes I can with theirs, and they claimed their primaries are longer.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I think you will be fine with either. I have the Kooks and needed an aftermarket steering shaft..

Wallace7666

Established Member
Just commented on your other post, like i said I went with Kooks. And Quick Strike, they didnt fit the stock steering shaft? Did it rub? If so looks like im buying the MM shaft

NMB2

Established Member
Ultimately it came down to price and availability. The ARH setup was a little more expensive, but the Kooks were 2-3 weeks out according to the person I spoke to there.

I then called and spoke with Nick (the owner) at ARH this morning and he gave me a smokin' deal as well as did a few little "custom tweaks" to fit my needs better.... 3" ball sockets on the backside instead of 2.5, and included 3" flow tubes for me and all hardware. I also told him my time frame and he said he'd have no problem getting them out by next week for me.

Sounds like I couldn't of gone wrong with either choice.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just bought ARH, but there not installed yet. My shop recommends them and said the fit is amazing as well as the quality.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Quick Strike, they didnt fit the stock steering shaft? Did it rub? If so looks like im buying the MM shaft

I have the stepped 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" primaries. The shaft would not go between the primaries to start. I may have been able to force it with more prying, but I paid quite a bit for these headers. I didn't want to start dinging and bending them up just for the shaft. The MM shaft did the trick.

lucheski

Established Member
Last year I had an order mixup and I ended up receiving both Kooks and ARH headers,....I decided to take some pics looking for differences. Both are 1-3/4 with 3in collector... KOOKS are on the top
53FACA1D-orig_zps7690f759.jpg
50E1D621-orig_zps732a9942.jpg

Read more at: http://www.modularfords.com/threads/190605-Lucheski-s-Boss-Build-305cid-9-5-1-Ported-M122/page4

greenflash00

Established Member
^I'm excited to hear your setup when it's all on. I'm considering doing ARH's with a 3'' setup all the way out. Maybe with a Bassani 3'' catback. Really wanting to get over that 700rwhp number :lol:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
^I'm excited to hear your setup when it's all on. I'm considering doing ARH's with a 3'' setup all the way out. Maybe with a Bassani 3'' catback. Really wanting to get over that 700rwhp number :lol:

I am too! Your making some great power on e85, I'd like to get closer to 600 on 92 octane. Eventually though, I'll be going e85.

Woody6799

Established Member
From what I have heard ARH allows more clearance in the tunnel. Idk how true it is but if someone could chime in on this I would appreciate it.

GodStang

Established Member
From what I have heard ARH allows more clearance in the tunnel. Idk how true it is but if someone could chime in on this I would appreciate it.

Pretty sure this use to be the case but I know kooks has changed their design a few times so they may fit better.

Users who are viewing this thread