1 7/8 ARH longtubes

Kyle03SVT

thinking about doing the 1 7/8" ARH longtubes on my 03 cobra and was wondering if everyone who has these also has a tubular k-member? I was told that with the stock one they don't fit well, that they tend to hit against it and rattle. But if they do fit I can deal with a little rattle until i save up for another k-member. wanting to see what you guys got to help me decide which direction to go. thanks.

Bigc6428

Established Member
I have them with a upr k member they are real tight by the rear kmember mount on the pass side but otherwise fit great

randoo

Established Member
Just had mine installed. Was a lot of work but they fit tightly. Stock k-member. Motor winds up so much faster and smoother. Not too loud while cruising but lay into it and you're waking up the neighborhood

stangfreak

Established Member
I was going to get this size long tube. you guys think its too big for a 4.6 motor? any lose in low end tq? I got mac 1 5/8

gabe1530

Banned
I was going to get this size long tube. you guys think its too big for a 4.6 motor? any lose in low end tq? I got mac 1 5/8

you have a 2.9l whipple right? i wouldnt hesitate to buy these at all...
i have 1 3/4's and wish i had the 7/8's.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I too am looking into the arh long tube headers. I'll likely do the upr k member at the same time though. What midpipe are you guys using off-road or catted?

stangfreak

Established Member
you have a 2.9l whipple right? i wouldnt hesitate to buy these at all...
i have 1 3/4's and wish i had the 7/8's.

yea I got the 2.9. I may step up to a bigger blower. I am waiting on a confirmation from kb on something. I was just hesitant by putting on big long tubes

gabe1530

Banned
I too am looking into the arh long tube headers. I'll likely do the upr k member at the same time though. What midpipe are you guys using off-road or catted?

im running the arh o/r x. the quality is amazing and if you want they will step it down to 2.5 for the catback.

fr03cobra

Established Member
Kooks does not make the 1 7/8 had to get the 1 3/4. I wonder if the 1 7/8 would have been bettter.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
im running the arh o/r x. the quality is amazing and if you want they will step it down to 2.5 for the catback.

Cool. I was wondering if the 1 3/4 would work? I see they make that with 2.5" from lethals website. I wonder if there is any noticeable hp change from 1 3/4 to 1 7/8?

Users who are viewing this thread