1 7/8" ARH headers + stock exhaust video

wenger828

Established Member
Recently installed 1 7/8" ARH headers on my 11'. Totally a pain in the ass to do but worth it, I can definitely feel a stronger pull in the low/midrange area, makes it nice not having to down shift to pass slow people on the highway. Anyways, was messing around with mounting locations with my gopro today and figured i'd share the video for anyone wondering what the car sounds like with headers and stock exhaust. So far other mods are VMP pulley & tune, JLT c/f intake & c&r/shelby heat exchanger. My ultimate goal is to get a TVS blower, just getting all the supporting mods out of the way. Here's the video, excuse the not so great sound quality provided by the gopro..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgFHVNe8O7s

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol, op you needed long tube headers to pass slow cars on the freeway?
Sounds like another member here... lol, anyone know who I am talking about?

Hehe, sorry op, just busting your balls. I'm sure your GT500 is already fast as hell! Thanks for the vid, I love watching ARH header videos on different mustangs.

wenger828

Established Member
Did the headers make it a lot louder than just the o/r x?

Yeah it definitely did, but in a good way in my opinion. It doesn't drone bad (maybe because I'm still on the stock mufflers?) but my favorite part is how the car almost 'purrs' now, you can almost make out the individual pulses of each cylinder, which sounds cool, it definitely turns heads when i'm just cruising down the street.

Lol, op you needed long tube headers to pass slow cars on the freeway?

haha no! I needed it for my eventual goal of achieving atleast 700rwhp! The level of difficulty+price vs. actual increase in power is not worth it, but my eventual goal is to slap a TVS blower & get the car cammed. I actually had an issue with my Lethal Pipe, nailed something on the road that punctured it and figured might as well just replace with the headers.

04Marine08

SVT Poster
Established Member
How would this set up be?

1 7/8 Headers w/catted H and Flowmaster outlaws

Shouldn't be raspy - just loud right?

wenger828

Established Member
How would this set up be?

1 7/8 Headers w/catted H and Flowmaster outlaws

Shouldn't be raspy - just loud right?

Haven't heard/seen any videos of the 1 7/8's with H pipes when I was searching myself prior to getting the Xpipe, hence why I posted this video up for the curious. I would assume the H pipe would be much less raspier and especially with the cats. When I went to the offroad lethal Xpipe it got much louder and raspier

Users who are viewing this thread