1/4 mile tonight. stock gt500 any pointers???

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
1/4 mile tonight. 11.7@125 all stock 2013 gt500 convertible slips and video

Tire pressure?
Burnout yes, no water puddle or bypass??
Launch control rpm?
Best rpm to shift at?

We only get 3 time trial runs then eliminations start.

This is bone stock at this point with goodyears. I didn't put any mods on it as I wasn't to dyno it first and run it bone stock to note improvements on track and dyno as mods progress.

temps will be 40* tonight.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Last edited:

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Traction control?

what setting???

I've been using sport mode lately and that's definetly faster than advance track ON. but I have no real idea what setting to use.

paluka21

Established Member
Heat up the stock goodyears for a good 5 seconds, meaning smoke them well. Can try to play around with tire pressure, generally trying about 10-15psi lower than recommended to see how it goes.
Have you practiced on the street at all? Do you plan on running with the nannies on the car, such as traction control, launch control, and the stability? You may want to try your first run with the traction control ON and try launch control at a low RPM and slip the clutch a little off the line w/o going WOT till you're rolling. Hopefully it minimizes spin -and- bog.
I think traction will be your biggest enemy which is why I mentioned heating the tires and trying to use nannies on the first run out.
Hopefully someone else can chime in on the specific settings...

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Well on the stock crapyears.....Avoid water box. Quick spin to CLEAN off the tires. (no John Force burnouts) Use sport mode, and try launching between 1800~2000k Good luck.

paluka21

Established Member
Well on the stock crapyears.....Avoid water box. Quick spin to CLEAN off the tires. (no John Force burnouts) Use sport mode, and try launching between 1800~2000k Good luck.

If he just does a quick spin to clean off his tires, he will certainly spin like crazy off the line, and most likely all the way through 3rd gear if he's going WOT. The 40 degree temps certainly won't help at all, however the GY's seem to hook their best when they are heated well.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
At that temp and on stock tires it's not going to make a difference. He can burn them all day and he will still spin. They are not like DR'S which actually heat up as you burn them. To burn them he needs to go thru the water box. That's a no no on stock tires. If he does not, then he will just be frying them.

I would still avoid the box and clean. With those on and the power of a 13/14 he is just going to spin anyway....look for 2+ 60 foots.

grobertx

Established Member
40 degree temps on the stock tires?? I would not waste my time. I doubt you are ever going to get descent traction until your past 3rd and even then it will be iffy. If your lucky and the strip is WELL prepared who knows...I'm guessing you will come away frustrated with no real view of what the car is actually capable of. Now if the temps were in the high 60's to 70s it would be a different story. Have fun but be SAFE. Those tires don't hook at 40 degrees...

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I can't stay home. I missed the opening night and last week it rained. I have to get some points racked up for the season.

I'll let you know how it does. The Ol LAdy is videoing. Hopefully it won't be too shaky.

I'm heading up now. no service there so I can't check the internet.

been using LC on 2900 rpm, 25 PSI tires, Sport mode and this seems fairly solid.

temp is 50* out now. track is very well prepped. not the best for times as I see .3 tenths worse here than Maple Grove.

www.numidiadragway.com

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I can't stay home. I missed the opening night and last week it rained. I have to get some points racked up for the season.

I'll let you know how it does. The Ol LAdy is videoing. Hopefully it won't be too shaky.

I'm heading up now. no service there so I can't check the internet.

been using LC on 2900 rpm, 25 PSI tires, Sport mode and this seems fairly solid.

temp is 50* out now. track is very well prepped. not the best for times as I see .3 tenths worse here than Maple Grove.

www.numidiadragway.com

GO enjoy yourself
Use the TC
Read the Manual
Hope you don't Roll it.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread