1/4 mile time and hp ?'s

JohnsMyName

Established Member
Hay all, not to familiar with modded termies and have some questions. I recently saw an old friend from high school on tv. He was on a show called Pass Time on the Speed Channel. The kid got a 15.55 pass time on national television :nonono: So me and the guys who used to know him were flamming him pretty bad of course, and it got me wondering what he "should" have run. As far as I know the car has full exhaust, 3.55's, a Kenne Bell 2.2, DR's, and some bolt-on's. What do you guys estimate for rwhp and 1/4 miles time?

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
With DR's and a good track bottom 11's and around 550 to 580hp. If he's the one I'm thinking of he street races a lot and pretty much did that on purpose.

Iron Fist

Established Member
I was thinking the same 11.5 with 550rwhp would be conservative, the car is no slouch with a KB.

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
wouldn't say above average either. i do not power shift or anything of the like. just shift quickly, and have a good feel for my car...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIbI8RBvqQ0"]YouTube - Ported Cobra Run[/ame]

just an average run... full interior.. 11.16@125

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Tony, your car is SICK.

Now as far as that KB Cobra it's kind of hard to say, I mean how much boost was he running? I'm at 19#'s and dynoed at over 600 on the race tune. If he was at 15 or 17 it'd be a bit different. Did he have the irs or a solid? I heard about the run and it is pretty sad but I think there was an issue with the track and some fluid that leaked from the previous car, but i'm not sure.

AaronK

Established Member
I made 441/431 and ran 7.3 @ 95mph in the 1/8th (on nitto drag radials) I'm guessing that would be a decent 11.xx pass in the 1/4... I haven't made the trip out to 1/4 mile track yet :(

JohnsMyName

Established Member
Did he have the irs or a solid? I heard about the run and it is pretty sad but I think there was an issue with the track and some fluid that leaked from the previous car, but i'm not sure.

Im guessing stock wich is IRS for you guys right. I do beleive the car before him popped something and leaked fluid on the track. You would think that legal issues would make them address the issue. Either way there was something wrong, driver error or mechanical.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
how are some of these people running 10's with there eaton with like 500hp and some are making like 600-650 hp and running higher than 10?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^But it's fun and that's all some people are after. Most people really don't care what their car runs as long as they whoop up on some other cars on the street.

Jefe

Established Member
Saw a white 03 on pass time the other day. Said he had pulley/intake/tune. I guessed he'd run an 12.3 and he ran a 12.25 I believe

AaronK

Established Member
how are some of these people running 10's with there eaton with like 500hp and some are making like 600-650 hp and running higher than 10?

Power to weight ratio, Gear ratio, Driver, Traction, Power band, Suspension, auto vs 6speed, etc... peak HP doesn't equal ET.

Last edited:

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
has alot to do with the drvier, and a ton to do with the suspension. you can have all the power you want, but whats the use if you cannot put it down? thats always been my theory. and its why i am still content with my ported eaton. and i do not truely believe i have ran the number my car is capable of.

s_x_i

Established Member
The pass time thing came up one time before. There was a car on the previous pass that laid down a bunch of oil and the guy said they didn't clean the track properly afterwards. Said he was spinning all over the place.

You got to be driving backwards to go 15's in a KB Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread