1/4 mile performance gains offered by Boss and CJ intake manifolds

mhyjek

Established Member
Im just learning here but I would say the CJ setup. You are pulling some good MPH so I would say stick with the higher RPM power. Im not sure how if the CJ will hold up to the boost though? Im sure you already know suspension and a tire will get you mid tens with that MPH...I would work on lowering the 60ft before adding any more power...

Suspension is done now UCA adj/LCA double adj/ and relocation brackets the thing I need are slicks with drag radials trying to walk car out of the hole hence don't want to rip my axles out but almost impossible went with spec duel disc clutch and it is like a light switch on or off. I have a built motor going in this spring with fuel system as well might just step down to a single disc that can handle my power so I can get the modulation back in pedal. My goal is to be low 10's on the my DD tires which are radials probably pony up for some slicks and get some 9's when motor is in. The car loves a roll with my gearset and drives perfect on the street trying to have my cake eat it too. Bluesnake thanks for your research and time I figured that blower would cram enough down cars throat lol.

AKDMB

Established Member
From the graphs it doesn't look like the CJ looses anything down low compared to the GT. So the CJ doesn't take anything away, and gives you 1500 RPM of extra powerband if you are revving that high. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the boss sacrifices power up to 6500rpm and then starts to show similar gains to the CJ. You would think that the CJ would show more of a difference in the 1/4.

01bluesnake

Established Member
They do loose TQ in comparison to what a modded GT with a stock manifold, CAI makes. Here's a combined graph of a stock manifold, Boss and CJ. The Cj run was still a base tune. Also note these runs are STD in comparison to SAE charts above

stockvsprtCJvsBoss_zps23abc41f.jpg

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Just for those who may be curious, the Accufab 84.5mm actually outflows the FRPP 90mm. It flows 1183cfm.

Jordang

Established Member
The intake is just one piece of a puzzle that needs to run in concert with everything else.

I imagine the best gains are a matched set of cams with the CJ intake.

rotarymagic

Established Member
Awhile back when Casper went 10.78 on the stock intake manifold I know was on E85, but was it on FTW E85 and also was the intake manifold ported? I'm just curious as to whether or not he could have ported the intake, put in FTW, changed to a 3.90 gear, and added a 275PRO and picked up even more gains.

Users who are viewing this thread