0W30? Yes, that is a ZERO!!!!

66GT350

Established Member
Stopped by my local Quick Lube to pick up a quart of Mobile 1 5W30 and my guy there tells me Mobile is now shipping a 0W30 in place of the 5W30 :eek: - I'm like "geeze, that stuff must be as thin as Nextel Cup qualifying oil"..LOL. I've just never heard of this.

Anyone else heard of this and can/should we run this oil? Hoping to have some expert comments here, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
I've seen it before. Oil comes in all sorts of viscosities. I personally feel 0w30 is a little too light unless you live in an area that doesn't get warmer then 60*. I hear that Mobile1 oils are a little thinner then other brands as it is, so a M1 5w30 may already be close to another brands 0w30.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Wow...that's some skinny oil.. :-D

I've been thinking of going to a 10w30 for Mobil 1 in my car since it's so hot here in Houston. Heat index got up to 110 this past week :eek:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
id forget about the 10w part and focus more on the 30 part.

mobil is a very thin 30wt.

98KBcobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
How come you guys are running such thin oil? I run 20w50 full synthetic race oil and at operating temp it has the consistency of 30w oil (or lower). I know my car isn't close to stock but I would only run that oil if it was the middle of winter in my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread