09 Shelby vs Superleggera and 2010 Camaro SS

tj04cobra

Established Member
I have finally come across a few cars in the Shelby the last two weekends and thought I'd share.

Every Sunday morning I wake up and watch the previous weeks episode of Street Outlaws that I have recorded and proceed to head to starbucks in the Shelby where there is a Corvette club meet and grab a cup of coffee. After my fill of fast cars on TV (whether the show is fake or not, I don't give a shit), and a healthy dose of caffeine I am ready to head out and give the Shelby a little hell on the street.

I pay toll and get on the freeway and get into Mexico and look in my rear view mirror and see an orange Lamborghini gaining on me fast. I am fully awake now as my caffeinated beverage is starting to kick in and I am hoping something fun is about to happen. The car pulls up next to me and I give him a thumbs up and proceed to pick my jaw up from my floor mat. I notice that the car says Superleggera on the door and feel that I am about to get my ass busted because I had no clue what was about to happen. We get side by side and I put it in 3rd at 70 and he motions for me to get the wiggle on him. I take off and he must of had his coffee that morning as well because he immediately nails it. I hesitate before shifting into 4th seeing traffic ahead and kind of let out and he pulls a car on me by 120 and lets out as well.

I pull up next to him again and he yells that he wants to go from 50 so I drop it into second and try to get the rpms down as much as possible and get him down to around 45. He motions me the wiggle again and i nail it. His reaction time once again was fast and when I bang it into 3rd we are door to door, I hit 4th and by the top of 4th I have almost a car on him. We slow down and exchange thumbs up and I exit in disbelief because I thought for sure I was about to get slaughtered. The old Ford did me proud. His car had to of been stock, it sounded sick and it was for sure an E-gear car. The way it sounded when he was downshift before our second run gave me a chub.

The next run:

Last night heading home from my mother in law's I have my wife with me and my dog Shelby in the back seat and we are both tired and stuffed from the massive amount of food we had just eaten. I am minding my own business and a black 2010 camaro ss pulls up next to me and the kid is revving it up and making all sorts of noise for about 2 miles. Instead of proceeding to my neighborhood I motion for him to get on the freeway. We get on the freeway and down to Mexico and I hold it in second at 40 and motion for him to take the hit. He has no clue that I am motioning for him to go, so my girl yells for him to take off first and he does. I let him get about a car out and nail it. I reel him in immediately like a small mouth bass and proceed to put bus lengths on him. I let out in 4th, slow down and he does a ricer fly by and exits. I exit behind him and ask him what he has done, he says its a 6 speed with nothing on it but exhaust. I compliment his car and he does the same and I u-turn and head home.

My mods are 2.6 upper, jlt, lund tuned, off road x to 3 inch magnaflow catback.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
That kid in the SS was a tool. lol Congrats on destroying a lambo, that is the top-o-the-mountain around here! Im jealous.....

tj04cobra

Established Member
That kid in the SS was a tool. lol Congrats on destroying a lambo, that is the top-o-the-mountain around here! Im jealous.....

The kid in the SS wasn't that bad, wasn't a prick or anything about it when I met up with him after the exit. He said some nice things about the car and we exchanged compliments and parted ways. Reminded me of when I was young and in my first mustang (2000 GT 5sp with every bolt on imaginable and slow as hell), trying to rag it out against whatever I could come across haha. Oh how times have changed. I wouldn't say I destroyed the Lambo, he gave me the ever slight move and at the end of day his car is a bonafide panty dropper compared to mine. I could have put 5 greyhound bus lengths on it and he still wins.

tj04cobra

Established Member
Those lambos are sick, I went to Lamboghini of Houston this morning for a small Coffee and Cars gathering and it was awesome. There were a handful of Aventadors and a few Gallardo's. There were also some bad ass Ferraris and Porsches as well. I like checking out the big ass brakes these cars come with, as well as all the crazy color combos. Hidden in the back of the showroom was a Heritage edition 06 Ford GT. I definitely got my fill of awesome car viewing for the day. Maybe one day, just maybe I could be one lottery ticket away from having something like that HAHA.

Users who are viewing this thread