09' Jaguar XF, are these things really that fast?(Story time)

850SNCobra

Established Member
This guy I was talking with says he beat a 13-14 GT500 in his 09' Jag XF and thinks he can do the same to my 09' GT500(I know that being able to put all of my power to the ground will be a huge issue, so technically he probably would take the win.)

He also says he beat a C5 or C6(can't quite remember exactly which one) by like 6 car lengths. I called it bullshit. There's no way I could see a 4-door sedan beating a Vette by that much especially if his car is "stock" . He showed me a video of the same GT500 he claims to have beaten and the corvette racing and the GT500 beat the Corvette.

Now this guy has been racing all of his life on the dragstrip so part of me wants to believe him but I have a hard time believing his "stock" Jaguar XF is beating these cars like he says. He was wanting to run me but I feel his car isn't stock like he says .

Let's just say both cars are stock, which car do you think would come out the winner in a drag race and a roll on race?
Any of you guys have experience with the Jaguar Xf and know if he's blowing smoke or are these cars really that fast? I do admit that after watching a few video's that they seem a lot faster than I initially thought.

850SNCobra

Established Member
the supercharged one is 420hp and 4200lbs. He's either raced some people who weren't racing, has some serious mods or he's full of shit . Just race him, who cares if you lose
I told him the same thing that those people weren't really racing him lol. He said the GT500 couldn't get traction.

I'm going to give him a try at one some point, once I get mine to hook just right.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This guy I was talking with says he beat a 13-14 GT500 in his 09' Jag XF and thinks he can do the same to my 09' GT500(I know that being able to put all of my power to the ground will be a huge issue, so technically he probably would take the win.)

He also says he beat a C5 or C6(can't quite remember exactly which one) by like 6 car lengths. I called it bullshit. There's no way I could see a 4-door sedan beating a Vette by that much especially if his car is "stock" . He showed me a video of the same GT500 he claims to have beaten and the corvette racing and the GT500 beat the Corvette.

Now this guy has been racing all of his life on the dragstrip so part of me wants to believe him but I have a hard time believing his "stock" Jaguar XF is beating these cars like he says. He was wanting to run me but I feel his car isn't stock like he says .

Let's just say both cars are stock, which car do you think would come out the winner in a drag race and a roll on race?
Any of you guys have experience with the Jaguar Xf and know if he's blowing smoke or are these cars really that fast? I do admit that after watching a few video's that they seem a lot faster than I initially thought.
Rear upper mount and arm, lower arms, lower relo brackets and sticky radials. GTG.

He's got the same power to weight ratio of a scat pack Charger. No reason you couldnt win. Just do the rear suspension upgrades and tires and it will be fine.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I told him the same thing that those people weren't really racing him lol. He said the GT500 couldn't get traction.

I'm going to give him a try at one some point, once I get mine to hook just right.
Spinning ain't winning, so he probably did beat the cars he mentioned. If you're a good driver and can hook, show him what he's missing.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I was out tuning torque tables on the '13 and had one tailgating me through the subdivision. We got up to one intersection where it splits into two lanes and this moron decides to line up beside me. I didn't even waste my time. I'm not about to prove anything to douchebags who think racing through a subdivision is even close to smart. But, damn if I didn't want to embarrass him.

q6543

Established Member
I've seen PLENTY of low low 11 second jags at the local drag strip.

A guy i work with has an XFR...he THINKS it's on par with a lamborghini huracan.
So i totally understand how the owners can be.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Rear upper mount and arm, lower arms, lower relo brackets and sticky radials. GTG.

He's got the same power to weight ratio of a scat pack Charger. No reason you couldnt win. Just do the rear suspension upgrades and tires and it will be fine.
Ok see, I knew I wasnt crazy lol. The way him and his brother were talking how they’d take my money made me really think about this. I couldn’t wrap my mind around the thought of a 4-door 420hp vehicle beating me as long as I’m getting traction.

Spinning ain't winning, so he probably did beat the cars he mentioned. If you're a good driver and can hook, show him what he's missing.
Yep. I’m going to get this rear end sorted out and take their money at some point lol. Plus if the one guy drives it, he’s like 300-400 pounds of extra weight in the vehicle lol.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wife owned XJ Supercharged. One of the nicest cars you could ever drive. Fast too. Faster than many cars but not in any way in a league with a GT500.

I also call BS on the 2009 XF claims. If it were a F type SVR then I might believe it or a XE SV Project 8 car. Those look sweet. 2009 XF no how.

Users who are viewing this thread